Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Date Advice required :)

• 28-04-2009 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Lads n Lassies,

Met a lovely girl from america in town at the weekend.
    She's here for a year or whatever and lives in Kildare.. Im in Dublin myself .. and i was wondering would it be a bad idea to go down to her and bring her up to dublin to do something in the city ( eg.. awkwardness in the car coming up or whatever lol)

Or head down that direction myself and find something fun to do ( Bowling ? )

probably obvious but im hopeless haha

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey Lads n Lassies,

Met a lovely girl from america in town at the weekend.
    She's here for a year or whatever and lives in Kildare.. Im in Dublin myself .. and i was wondering would it be a bad idea to go down to her and bring her up to dublin to do something in the city ( eg.. awkwardness in the car coming up or whatever lol)

Or head down that direction myself and find something fun to do ( Bowling ? )

probably obvious but im hopeless haha

Cheers!

I would do the guiness tour and go to the guiness bar at the end to have a point ,if the weather is good, go for a walk in stephens green.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Better here methinks as not a personal issue.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭inspiron6000

japenese gardens, national stud and then 2 kildare village outlet for food and browsing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ttilting

Good question ,,,,

I would avoid picking her up in car on the first date ..... (even though you met her while out & about). . . . .
    The 'phycology' of YOU going to HER, takes away the mutual act of two people deciding to meet, , , and neither feeling they 'HAVE' to go because the arrangements are made (obviously after the firs date this is fine) .... <<not explained very well but im tired>>>

As for the 'date' my advice would be to do something that you know YOU will enjoy, ,,,, this helps you to be yourself.... Ideally something that will get both of you talking.

My 'tactic' is always a drinks and a meal with lots of alcohol.... but thats just because i know we'll both enjoy it (if she doesn't she's definitely not for me!)

I always think you should start with a '''''romantic'''''' setting .. and try to have fun there..... as apposed to starting in a ''fun'' location and trying to be romantic ( in a lesuireplex ! )

To sum up ...Key ingredients

1 - both make your own way (kildare is not too far away ! )
    2 - Something YOU enjoy (so you are comfortable)
    3 - The Setting should be '' romantic-ish-'' - - - ( I prefer candle a lit meal ! but then I love conversation, good food & wine <cocktails> - recommendations- Louigy Malones > boulavard Cafe> Trocadero> A;; reasonably priced and not too formal.)

Advertisement