Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The MC at the Crucible....

• 28-04-2009 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Does he annoy the crap out of anyone else?! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭RocketRonnie

Bryn wrote: »
    Does he annoy the crap out of anyone else?! :mad:

yea hes pretty terrible.... what about stubbsy back, or even jp doin it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

yea hes pretty terrible.... what about stubbsy back, or even jp doin it!!!!

Totally agree...he just talks about rubbish and it goes straight through my head :mad:

Bryn wrote: »
    Totally agree...he just talks about rubbish and it goes straight through my head :mad:

"Let get the boys on the baize"

how many times can he say this.....

come up with somethin new... please!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 rafa no 1

I'm heading over to sheffield on sat morn for the last 3 days of the tournament, anyone got a rifle with a telescopic sight and i''ll take him out!!!!! Seriously he is terrible, there was only one man for the job and that was Alan Stubbs, what a character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

rafa no 1 wrote: »
    there was only one man for the job and that was Alan Stubbs, what a character.
    His name was RAY Stubbs ya big ninny! You have some neck on ya questioning celticfc's snooker knowledge!

You muppet !!! Ray Stubbs is the presenter for the BBC, Alan Stubbs is an MC,he used to be the MC at all the televised snooker events up to 5 years ago, Celtic will confirm that, who's the ninny now eh?

You muppet !!! Ray Stubbs is the presenter for the BBC, Alan Stubbs is an MC,he used to be the MC at all the televised snooker events up to 5 years ago, Celtic will confirm that, who's the ninny now eh?
    No dice buddy. You have already stated that celticfc knows sweet fcuk all about snooker so if he confirms it then I'm gonna find it hard to believe him.

Anyway back on topic, Ray Stubbs is great isn't he?

Well anyone who knows their snooker will confirm that, and on Ray Stubbs, no one can come near the late David Vine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Ahem! It's Alan Hughes (The Don King of Snooker) :) Where you got Stubbs from is anyones guess. :confused:

Infact it's from him where most of the established players got their nicknames from.

• Advertisement

celticfc wrote: »
    Ahem! It's Alan Hughes (The Don King of Snooker) :) Where you got Stubbs from is anyones guess. :confused:

Infact it's from him where most of the established players got their nicknames from.
    :D Poor old rafa! He's cracking up.

Former Celtic and Everton centre-half, couldnt see him being a great MC really........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

LMFAO, and what would sir like with his large helping of humble pie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I think the MC is quite good. No point in comparing him and Ray stubbs to Ledgends like Alan Hughes & David Vine, even ledgends don't live forever. He was obviously the best available man for the job.

Rob Walker has grown on me moreso over the past year. (The Shock Horror!! :eek:) At least he tries to get more involved with the audience and with the BBC's coverage generally.

Since Alan Hughes stopped doing it (he may have retired as a compere, can't remember) they have has a few bland MC's with no real character such as Richard Bear.

If Rob could learn a few more catchphrases that "Get the boys on the baize", I think much more people would warm to him. It doesn't take long to get tired of that line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Im not mad on him either, he's too tall and skinny and looks like a baddie out of a Dickens novel tbh. That boys on the baize line is absolutely terrible aswell. I would prefer if they used somebody like Mark Johnston Allen. He's MC for some of the pool and trickshot competitions and I think he does a small bit of commentary on Eurosport. Had a few pints with him before up in Ciywest and he's an absolute gentleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I think JV should be the MC he has the best voice and he can be quite witty. Alan Hughes still alive?

yes boys, rafa is cracking up, i stand corrected, stubbs??? don't know where i got that from, but Hughes was the man, great pity he's retired from the MC circuit, but i like the idea of Mark Johnson Allen he is pretty good with the mic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

say what you like about him, but that's one huge nose he's got.

Came accross this the other day....

Show me the way to Ammmarilllo! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Tea Spoon

I find him a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it's just cringeworthy to watch and even more so for the players to have to walk out from behind the curtain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

Glenman wrote: »
    I think the MC is quite good. No point in comparing him and Ray stubbs to Ledgends like Alan Hughes & David Vine, even ledgends don't live forever. He was obviously the best available man for the job.

i like him...brings a bit of life to the start of it..and on the "lets get the boys on the baize?" wud u rather..." time to welcome the players, please give them a warm round of applause" ??

NO!!

NOW....

LETS GET THE BOYS...

ON THE BAIZE!!!

Advertisement