Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 surgeons stood round the expectant mother...

Options
  • 28-04-2009 10:28pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

...discussing who is going to perform the emergency caesarean.

Surgeon 1: Do you want to do it?

Surgeon 2: I don't mind, do you want to do it?

Surgeon 1: Is she private or public?

Surgeon 2: semi private.

Surgeon 3: I'll do it, I'll get paid quicker with a semi-private.

True story, happened today...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

To you!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Very unprofessional... I was under general anesthetic while I had my emergency section but if I had of heard a conversation like that between the surgeons around me, I would be making a complaint. They're supposed to be getting the baby out as quickly and safely as possible, not deciding who gets paid the quickest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Are you a hospital worker, OP? Ooh, over the years I've hear conversations like that - they're usually out of the earshot of patients though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

So, what way should they decide who was going to do it- rock, paper, scisors perhaps ?

Advertisement