Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sako quad licence

Options
  • 28-04-2009 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does any1 know what the story is with licencing the new sako quad with 4 interchangable barrels.Would you need 4 permits?Any info?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

damagegt wrote: »
    Just wondering does any1 know what the story is with licencing the new sako quad with 4 interchangable barrels.Would you need 4 permits?Any info?
    for every barrel you will ,thats why it has never taken off hear .

pity they dont do a fixed barrel in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

jwshooter wrote: »
    for every barrel you will ,thats why it has never taken off hear .

pity they dont do a fixed barrel in it.

well if it hasnt the 4 barrels then it aint a quad is it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

Just buy one with one barrell and get your one licence. Crackin' rifle in .22LR and .17HMR by all accounts. Would consider one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭lordarpad

bigred wrote: »
    Just buy one with one barrell and get your one licence. Crackin' rifle in .22LR and .17HMR by all accounts. Would consider one myself.

I am rather considering a rifler with interchangeable barrels myself and just figure I'll argue the individual barrels individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

lordarpad wrote: »
    I am rather considering a rifler with interchangeable barrels myself and just figure I'll argue the individual barrels individually.

My thoughts exactly. I'll start with a Sako Mono in 0.22lr, then upgrade to a Sako Duo with the HMR. I'll never need the Trio or Quad as the remaining calibers are not to my liking.

• Advertisement

well if it hasnt the 4 barrels then it aint a quad is it :rolleyes:

a fixed barrel could hardly be called a quad now could it .

but thank you for your intelligent input

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

well thats that cleared up.Any idea of a price of .22lr

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭.50 (MOA)

I looked at a sako quad about a month ago, I beleive it was ~€730 for just one barrel, and i think its something like €180 per extra barrel. this was a brand new one. felt like a good rifle, light and short compared to the wagon i have.

Just looking in sporting shooter here, they give a price of £530. its number two in the top 5 rimfire rifles.
    1- ruger 10/22 (£270),
    2- sako quad (£530),
    3- CZ/Brno (no specific model) (£250),
    4- anschutz bolt action (£560),
    5- Ruger 77 (£530)

probably the best bolt action rimfire you can get, go for it would be my advice, best calibres would be the .22lr and 17HMR, ones cheap the others very accurate.

there is a bit of a grey area in regard to the quad ,the serial no is on the action not the barrel .

so if you bought the gun and the set of four barrels you in teary you could get away with two licences one for .22 one for 17 .

or one for .22lr and the same one for .22wmr etc.

it would be down to the dealer what they will give you the note for .

hhhmmmm maybe,there just a tad pricey maybe if i could pick up 1 second hand.Well have to wait and see how much money im willing to blow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

jwshooter wrote: »
    a fixed barrel could hardly be called a quad now could it .

but thank you for your intelligent input

They make a few fixed barreled rifles too;)

i started out looking for the finnfire but i cant seem to find 1 anywhere

sako stopped making the finnfire some time ago and only make the quad now in rimfire ,

I know .I was hoping to find a clean 2ndhand but im having no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Hi lads, wouldn't mind a quad myself at some stage.

Just wondering was there any compromise with accuracy when making this rifle, would it be as accurate as the old finnfire?

I know .I was hoping to find a clean 2ndhand but im having no luck

there is one in r macloud & sons .£ 295

Advertisement