Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Byelections set for June 5th

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

We should start calling them the "BYE-BYE Elections"!!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Firstly when we going through the econimic boom I didn't hear much complaining. Secondly all his work with peace process must count for something? plus why was he in power for 11 years if he was so ****?

There was all those public sector wage increases and social welfare increases or vote buying that may have had an impact.

Also since the economy appeared to be expanding people assumed he was doing a good job which was later revealed to be bullcrap since it was all unsustainable and now we our GDP will decline by 10% this year and we are hemorrhaging jobs nationally across all sectors.

Also having the election on a Thursday left the middle class less likely to vote since you know they were working so mostly the OAP's and the dole spongers he was paying off could vote.

If I was allowed run the country like that, I'd get elected too especially if I got large donations from property developers to fund my marketing campaign.

We now have crap infrastructure with no money to build any thanks to vote buying exercises and lowered tax rates which people complain about increasing now as their is such evident waste in expenditure in the public sector when you hear of things like 1,000 euro contracts to change light bulbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dave-higgz

Along time ago FF made a spaceship and everyone hopped in on the promise of taking us to the stars. We all believed what we thought to be a sustainable trip. However FF failed to bring enough fuel and were not intelligent enough to correct the problem. Now the tank is empty and while we all enjoyed the trip for 11 years, and for which I'm grateful for, the ship is now floating into the abyss, all because of incompetence.

Enda may or may not get the ship running again however we'll never know unless we give him a chance. Cowen sure as hell can't steer us so Enda can't do much worse. People talk about replacing him as party leader however while Kenny would be the captain on a FG lead ship, Richard Bruton would be at the wheel steering us.

Advertisement