Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SOS Being Called Up To The Main Roster?????

• 28-04-2009 10:55pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There are four WWE developmental wrestlers in Florida Championship Wrestling that have a very good chance of being called up to the main roster in the near future. They are DH Smith, Eric Escobar (a.k.a. Eric Perez), Sheamus O'Shaunessy, and Drew McIntyre. In an update on the story, one of the four wrestlers previously named is booked to wrestle on a slate of WWE live events throughout the month May.

Sheamus O'Shaunessy has been under contract to World Wrestling Entertainment for two years, but still has yet perform in front of a live WWE crowd. However, he will finally be getting his chance as company officials have booked him to appear on their shows next month.

With his Irish roots, an obvious pairing or possible feud would be with fellow Irishman Finlay on the ECW brand. O'Shaunessy has actually acknowledged him before as he did an angle insulting him and ECW at a Florida Championship Wrestling television taping this past February.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Since you didn't state the source i will back you up and say I just read that on the net also.

The other 3 have been on the road before so its about time SOS got his shot.

I read it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Please provide a source for this. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

There are four WWE developmental wrestlers in Florida Championship Wrestling that have a very good chance of being called up to the main roster in the near future. They are DH Smith, Eric Escobar (a.k.a. Eric Perez), Sheamus O'Shaunessy, and Drew McIntyre. In an update on the story, one of the four wrestlers previously named is booked to wrestle on a slate of WWE live events throughout the month May.

Erm do they not know that DH Smith was drafted to ECW a few weeks ago which means he is on the offical roster? Fine journalism I must say. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Erm do they not know that DH Smith was drafted to ECW a few weeks ago which means he is on the offical roster? Fine journalism I must say. :rolleyes:

He's technically been on the roster for over a year and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

SOS has been over there 2 years already!?!?... Wow.

• Advertisement

SOS has been over there 2 years already!?!?... Wow.

Yep, and has f*ck all to show for it other than taking a pedigree from HHH about three years ago on a UK taping of RAW.

Fergal Devitt must be quaking his boots right now! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Yep, and has f*ck all to show for it other than taking a pedigree from HHH about three years ago on a UK taping of RAW.

To be fair I bet his autograph book is really full too ;)

EdK wrote: »
    To be fair I bet his autograph book is really full too ;)

Screw autographs, bank balances win! And the Japanese pay well apparently.

I wonder if Fergal is fluent in Japanese at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Having watched SOS Wrestle for nearly 5 years and witnessing him nearly kill himself from suicide dives I can state that the guy cannot wrestle. The guy looks so unnatural in the ring for the lenght of time he is wrestling that it beggers belief he is going on the road. The guy cannot even run the ropes without tripping and creaming himself. His punches are so weak for a guy of his size and his clotheslines are practically diva standard.
    I cannot see the gimmick having any mileage I mean give me a break the fiery red hand, Umaga's thumb what next. I once sat in the laughter Lounge and the essence of a promo was COME WITH ME, COME WITH ME, COME WITH ME AS I GIVE HOGAN BACK HIS 1987 BELT. And as I sat there in the middle of no crowd reaction he asked us did we like that.
    Rumour has it that smiths toys are interested in a deal to produce a toy sword and you press a button on the sword and it says COME WITH ME what did he think we were all going to go to Florida. I cannot believe that Fergal Devitts name is used in a thread about SOS. I mean they are poles apart and guess what Fergal can Wrestle. Having said all that I did enjoy his impression of the Ultimate Warrior when he took the pedigree of Triple H. For all you guys out there that are unemployed get yourself a publicist he's proof that if you don't stop chasing that Rainbow you will find the pot of gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Can you not just wish the guy well? We have a guy from Ireland (that most people have seen wrestle live for IwW,NLW, etc... in his early days and now he could get a shot at the big time (And the WWE is the big time) and people bitch about it. Wish the guy well for God sake, if he flops he flops but fair play to him for getting this far. I hope he does well and makes as much money as he can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Both men being professionals (...and mature adults...), I HIGHLY doubt they are worried about such childish comparisons as who's earned more than who, who's wrestled in front of more and who can piss higher on a wall.

Can you not just wish the guy well? We have a guy from Ireland (that most people have seen wrestle live for IwW,NLW, etc... in his early days and now he could get a shot at the big time (And the WWE is the big time) and people bitch about it. Wish the guy well for God sake, if he flops he flops but fair play to him for getting this far. I hope he does well and makes as much money as he can.

I'll be more than happy to wish him well in his FUTURE ENDEAVOURS, The reason this country is in the state that it is ,is from us accepting rubbish but sure don't worry about it it's Irish. I'm fed up with the whole Irish thing. I pay €80 per month for Sky Digital to be entertained not to watch rubbish just because it's Irish. If the guy geniunely succeeds then great but at a time when the wrestling business is struggling I don't think SOS is the solution especially with so many good wrestlers/entertainers currently out of work

leggo wrote: »
    Both men being professionals (...and mature adults...), I HIGHLY doubt they are worried about such childish comparisons as who's earned more than who, who's wrestled in front of more and who can piss higher on a wall.

You'd be surprised what wrestlers worry about. And for the record based on physical stats SOS would easliy win the piss highest on the wall contest. So what wrestlers earn is a childish comparison ? I would say wrestlers a very concerned about what each other earns just ask Bobby Lashley about his Mania 23 pay off

You're right Rampage. What would I know about what a wrestler thinks? As clearly you've a wealth of experience in the field...:p

SOS always aimed to be where he's at now, I presume Devitt's the same. Both are living the dream, I doubt neither are worrying about the other. Simple as.

Yes leggo, hence why i threw a smiley in there as my comment was merely tongue in cheek. But hey, just blatantly ignore that part for arguments sake, yeah?

You're right Rampage. What would I know about what a wrestler thinks? As clearly you've a wealth of experience in the field...:p

And this is why certain people light on you, when you post comments like this, leggo.
    To be fair, you can hardly talk about a wealth of experience when 50% of yours is in a refereeing capacity. Not to discount the last two or so years of your in ring experience, but two years in the ring doesn't make anyone an expert.
    SOS always aimed to be where he's at now, I presume Devitt's the same. Both are living the dream, I doubt neither are worrying about the other. Simple as.

Agreed, but some of us tend to feel that Devitt worked a lot harder to earn his position, has more of an ability and has been able to showcase it a lot better in Japan, rather than a silly gimmick that Vince and his boys notice and using it for his own amusement (anyone remember Pirate Paul Burchill?).

I'm not saying that is exactly the case, but let's face it, SOS is definitely more likely to fall into that trap in North America than Devitt is in Japan.

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    I'll be more than happy to wish him well in his FUTURE ENDEAVOURS, The reason this country is in the state that it is ,is from us accepting rubbish but sure don't worry about it it's Irish. I'm fed up with the whole Irish thing. I pay €80 per month for Sky Digital to be entertained not to watch rubbish just because it's Irish. If the guy geniunely succeeds then great but at a time when the wrestling business is struggling I don't think SOS is the solution especially with so many good wrestlers/entertainers currently out of work

This! Right here!
    In the eyes of quite a few people, SOS is to wrestling what Ronan Keating is to music. A giant cheeseball that kids love and will buy over and over again. I've met the man a couple of times, and came across as a nice guy, which is what i'll take that experience for and won't take it away from him. But we haven't seen hide nor hair of the guy in over two years, so with all due respect, what reason do we have to give a sh*t about the guy at this stage in the game?

To be fair, you can hardly talk about a wealth of experience when 50% of yours is in a refereeing capacity. Not to discount the last two or so years of your in ring experience, but two years in the ring doesn't make anyone an expert.

I'll choose to ignore that blatant personal attack and bait into a flame war. The flame involved has been reported to the powers that be. Considering that the person flaming WAS a power that be, though, I don't see much being done about it with this board's track record of siding with the popular over the innocent...

Nero, it's simple logic. Why would SOS and Devitt be worrying about each other when they're both exactly where they want to be? Considering Rampage seems to know so much about what goes in within a wrestler's head, I don't see where he's coming from.

I'm sorry if that simple piece of logic offended you so much that you, as a moderator, felt compelled to start bringing my 4 1/2 years and 150+ matches into the equation (which, by the by, is more or about as many as some of the guys you claim are 'THE NEXT such and such...' Don't believe me? Look it up dude, you'll be surprised...) to try and discredit a reasonable point...

But far be it from me to be surprised by the hypocrisy that the moderators here appear to conduct themselves with...as further evidenced by the childish and ignorant nature of that comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

The amount of begrudgey in this thread is unreal.

I'm as big a fan of Devitt's as anyone here, in fact I'd wager I've seen him wrestle live more times than most of the people on here, but your comparisons between himself and SOS are hollow. As leggo (I think it was) has already pointed out, both had two very different goals in the wrestling business- one wanted to make it to Japan so he travelled to the US and busted his ass in front of small crowds on indie cards hoping to get noticed by Japanese talent scouts, and he was. He then went on to bust his ass in the NJPW LA Dojo before being called up to the main roster. Its a fantastic achievement for anyone, let alone an Irishman.

SOS wanted to make it to the WWE, so he spent a load of money on getting some training in the States, before returning home to further his training here. He no doubt spent a load more money on gym fee's, weight-training supplements and promotion (e.g. his website, getting onto TV and films like The Escapist, etc.), busted his ass wrestling up and down Ireland carrying the IWW belt, before busting his ass in UK Promotions like Premier and All Star (groups that specifically wrestle the WWE style), hoping to get noticed by a WWE talent scout, and he was. He then went on to bust his ass in FCW for the next two years, and looks to be on the verge of being called up the the main roster. Its a fantastic achievement for anyone, let alone an Irishman.

I wish them both the best of luck.

• Advertisement

I'll choose to ignore that blatant personal attack and bait into a flame war. The flame involved has been reported to the powers that be. Considering that the person flaming WAS a power that be, though, I don't see much being done about it with this board's track record of siding with the popular over the guilty...

Which I would have gladly answered via PM, but seeing as you've made your point to mention it, I will answer it here.
    Where was the personal attack exactly? You stopped reffing and started in ring activity in 2006, i clearly remember the promo you cut after Dave Zero and others left the company. And you pretty much retired and went into radio months ago. 2006-2008 = two years of in ring activity. Now please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong here, i'm always up for correction. But from my old school days, that's two years.

Again, it's not a personal attack. It's complete fact. Take it whatever way you will, but don't preach about two years being a wealth of experience, because when I was in my own profession, i didn't claim myself an expert after two years.
    Nero, it's simple logic. Why would SOS and Devitt be worrying about each other when they're both exactly where they want to be? Considering Rampage seems to know so much about what goes in within a wrestler's head, I don't see where he's coming from.

Last I checked, everyone was entitled to their own opinion here, that includes you, and it also includes RAMPAGE1, however you make yourself out that you're some sort of 10 year professional who travelled around the globe for your experience. But all you do is claim, and never back your statements up.
    I'm sorry if that simple piece of logic offended you so much that you, as a moderator, felt compelled to start bringing my 4 1/2 years and 150+ matches into the equation (which, by the by, is more or about as many as some of the guys you claim are 'THE NEXT such and such...' Don't believe me? Look it up dude, you'll be surprised...)

Problem is you spent half of that refereeing. My moderating status has nothing to do with this, so bringing that up is laughable. I slap wrists when I have to and i keep the forum buzzing a bit in a community sense, but other than that, i'm the same poster I was two months ago. You can't deny that, or at least if you claim you didn't wrestle before 2006, nobody ever saw it!

But prove me wrong. Throw up a list of your matches and accomplishments during your in-ring tenure. I'm all on for being proven wrong. But please do not accuse me of a personal attack when i'm going on facts that you and your former organisation have so graciously provided over the course of four years.
    But far be it from me to be surprised by the hypocrisy that the moderators here appear to conduct themselves with...as further evidenced by the childish and ignorant nature of that comment.

I'm guessing you're singling me out in that, in which case, please do not tar Vince and Bombidol with that same brush Ger, my opinions are my own, boards does not reflect them, and neither do the other PW mods.

If you want to go further regarding the moderating of this forum, please do so by PM. Otherwise, back up your statements, and if you can't be bother doing that, then don't bother replying.

I don't see exactly what you took as a personal attack. The experience comment? You've thrown the same "experience" argument at me in other threads Leggo in an attempt to invalidate my arguments. Nero didn't even do it with any intent other than to get you and Rampage1 to stop sniping. You're the one who keeps throwing it out there as an argument settler.

Back on topic, I believe that SOS does indeed get a hard time. Watching his latest work in FCW, his work has improved a lot, even his promo's. Yes, he is still a limited brawler but in the TV land of 4 to 6 minute matches he isn't gonna need much more.

I'd rather watch Devitt but I would never begrudge any Irish talent success just because they are not as good as Fergal. That's a very high standard to hold people to.

Actually...for the record...I debuted in summer 2005 (in Trabolgan) and began training in mid-2004. By the time you reference my career starting point, I was Head Regional Promoter and one of the main bookers for IwW. And by the time I left the business at the end of 2008, I had been in the business 4 1/2 years. The maths isn't hard dude.

And I didn't 'retire'. I'd be a massive mark for myself if I ever said that. I don't consider my career long enough to 'retire' from, I left. 4 1/2 years isn't long enough to be an expert, agreed dude I'm totally with you on that, but it's more than enough time to give me a good idea as to what goes on in a wrestler's head. At least moreso than the likes of Rampage1, who has (I'm guessing) 0 years, 0 months and 0 days of being involved in the business as more than a fan.

You're the one bringing numbers into this dude. You're the one making my wrestling career a central subject in this matter. It's clear for anyone with the sense to look at this topic objectively to see. And you continued with that last post, where a good moderator should've quietly remained professional and steered the topic back onto its original subject...

But this topic isn't about my career or my credibility. I have as much credibility as anyone else posting here and deserve to be treated as such. Bringing my life into it in an attempt to discredit my opinion is poor form for even a regular poster, much less a mod. I would suggest that you yourself would warn a guy for doing exactly what you are doing right now.

Completely changing the course of a reasonable topic in order to continue an argument and spread further ignorant and childish mis-truths about my career is ridiculous behaviour for a moderator. Shouldn't you be saying 'BACK ON TOPIC' by now?

Leggo I wasn't trying to showcase my wealth of wrestling knowledge just trying to back up a point I made. In regards to personal attacks you refered to shawn raven's post as childish first and then questioned the moderating of this forum which isn't an easy job at the best of times.
    One question what would you know about my wealth of wrestling knowledge.

Nero didn't even do it with any intent other than to get you and Rampage1 to stop sniping. You're the one who keeps throwing it out there as an argument settler.

I never thought after six years of posting on the internet about the Irish wrestling scene, that Cannibal would be the one who would understand where I was coming from in any thread.

Only on a pro wrestling forum, can I be surprised. :)

Actually...for the record...I debuted in summer 2005 and began training in mid-2004. By the time you reference my career starting point, I was Head Regional Promoter and one of the main bookers for IwW. And by the time I left the business at the end of 2008, I had been in the business 4 1/2 years. The maths isn't hard dude.

Your in-ring career still only spans two years, which is the topic of this particular conversation. We weren't talking about promoting, nor were we talking about booking. We were talking about in ring experience.

Sinking in yet?
    And I didn't 'retire'. I'd be a massive mark for myself if I ever said that. I don't consider my career long enough to 'retire' from, I left. 4 1/2 years isn't long enough to be an expert, agreed dude I'm totally with you on that, but it's more than enough time to give me a good idea as to what goes on in a wrestler's head. At least moreso than the likes of Rampage1, who has (I'm guessing) 0 years, 0 months and 0 days of being involved in the business as more than a fan.

I don't know if RAMPAGE1 is in the business, which is fair enough, but neither do you.
    You're the one bringing numbers into this dude. You're the one making my wrestling career a central subject in this matter. It's clear for anyone with the sense to look at this topic objectively to see. And you continued with that last post, where a good moderator should've quietly remained professional and steered the topic back onto its original subject...

Better re-read the thread then, you started the comparisons there against someone you don't even know! But what would you know about being a good moderator, Ger? The forum you modded immediately deleted comments that the boys didn't like, despite the fact that there were no rules or charter to abide by. Yeah, that's good. :)
    But this topic isn't about my career or my credibility. I have as much credibility as anyone else posting here and deserve to be treated as such. Bringing my life into it in an attempt to discredit my opinion is poor form for even a regular poster, much less a mod. I would suggest that you yourself would warn a guy for doing exactly what you are doing right now.

And I would suggest you read the charter here, and then stop back seat modding. That's your first warning
    Completely changing the course of a reasonable topic in order to continue an argument and spread further ignorant and childish mis-truths about my career is ridiculous behaviour for a moderator. Shouldn't you be saying 'BACK ON TOPIC' by now?

... and that's your second warning
    I'd quit now, if I were you.

One question what would you know about my wealth of wrestling knowledge.

I don't dude. I was only having a laugh with you when I said that. Then it became an issue because a mod decided to get involved and start bringing my personal life into it. I agree, I know nothing about you and probably vice versa...so there's really no need for anyone's personal info to be brought into it, wouldn't you agree?

Anyway, to get it back to where we were (since the mods don't appear to be doing so), you feel that Devitt and SOS would be watching each other's careers with envy. I don't and think they're both doing very well for themselves.

Nero, no need to start warning me because you're feeling under pressure. That screams abuse of power, given the context. Let the higher up's deal with it. I've reported your post and we'll just see if they do anything about it now. We're all back on topic, no need to keep this going any longer. :)

Nero, no need to start warning me because you're feeling under pressure. That screams abuse of power, given the context. Let the higher up's deal with it. I've reported your post and we'll just see if they do anything about it now. We're all back on topic, no need to keep this going any longer. :)

You got warned publically for backseat modding, then warned privately, you then got infracted for backseat modding. And now you've been banned for it.

That's not abuse of power, that's following procedure, and we have a charter to explain this.

• Advertisement

I never thought after six years of posting on the internet about the Irish wrestling scene, that Cannibal would be the one who would understand where I was coming from in any thread.

Only on a pro wrestling forum, can I be surprised. :)

Hey, I'm not always argumentative! I just have strong opinions on product and presentation within Ireland.

I actually like the job you do as mod. Not naming anyone specific, but previous mods would just close topics when it was just a heated debate rather than flaming which always annoyed me.

You at least have an understanding of what's what and know when to step in and when to let things breathe which I think has been demonstrated in the Irish sticky a lot.

Hey, I'm not always argumentative! I just have strong opinions on product and presentation within Ireland.

I actually like the job you do as mod. Not naming anyone specific, but previous mods would just close topics when it was just a heated debate rather than flaming which always annoyed me.

You at least have an understanding of what's what and know when to step in and when to let things breathe which I think has been demonstrated in the Irish sticky a lot.

Appreciated. I've been out of the loop on the Irish scene for the last couple of years, which I never denied. But i plan on changing that this year.

I'm curious if SOS and Devitt have ever faced each other. I can't remember all of the matches Devitt had in his brief IwW cross over.

Wouldn't mind seeing Devitt work a few dates in the likes of RoH, but he seems content in Japan. I know he appeared on TNA once as part of that Global Impact show in 2008 wrestling a 6 man against Christian, AJ Styles and someone else.

I'm curious if SOS and Devitt have ever faced each other. I can't remember all of the matches Devitt had in his brief IwW cross over.

I didn't see most of them, so i couldn't say. :(

He only wrestled, two, maybe three matches under the IWW banner...in Trabolgin (sp?), I think.

A squash against Ballymun Bruiser, then some sort of 3 Way, perhaps involving Red Vinny. Exit would be the man to ask here.

But I'm 99.9% certain they've never wrestled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I was never a SOS fan, and I also hate being told to like something just because it's Irish, but I’d be lying if said I wouldn’t like to see him get a match on ECW, to see if he really has progressed and can fulfil his dream.
    If it works, hurray, we've got a Dublin born and bred wrestler on WWE TV
    If it fails, he's gone and forgotten in a week, no harm no foul, just ask Braden Walker :)

But I’d also rather see Devitt perform in the Impact Zone (Just as likely considering TNA’s association with New Japan), might not be his personal dream be a great sight to see on a Saturday night. And probably a prouder moment for Irish people than SOS appearing on WWE and proclaiming himself as Finlay’s old arch enemy / long lost brother / Hornswoggle’s older brother / Hornswoggle’s real Dad / Hornswoggle’s dance instructor (They could form a Riverdance faction) etc etc…:D

• Advertisement

D-FENS wrote: »
    I was never a SOS fan, and I also hate being told to like something just because it's Irish, but I’d be lying if said I wouldn’t like to see him get a match on ECW, to see if he really has progressed and can fulfil his dream.
    If it works, hurray, we've got a Dublin born and bred wrestler on WWE TV
    If it fails, he's gone and forgotten in a week, no harm no foul, just ask Braden Walker :)

But I’d also rather see Devitt perform in the Impact Zone (Just as likely considering TNA’s association with New Japan), might not be his personal dream be a great sight to see on a Saturday night. And probably a prouder moment for Irish people than SOS appearing on WWE and proclaiming himself as Finlay’s old arch enemy / long lost brother / Hornswoggle’s older brother / Hornswoggle’s real Dad / Hornswoggle’s dance instructor (They could form a Riverdance faction) etc etc…:D

No ones telling you to like anything. All we're saying is to give the guy his due.

Moreover, its a minority of wrestling fans who give a damn about WORKRATE~~! If (and I'm aware its a big 'if') SOS does well in WWE, the majority of Irish fans are going to care a lot more about him than the guy wrestling mid-card matches in Japan, no matter how 'good' Devitt's matches are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

He only wrestled, two, maybe three matches under the IWW banner...in Trabolgin (sp?), I think.

A squash against Ballymun Bruiser, then some sort of 3 Way, perhaps involving Red Vinny. Exit would be the man to ask here.

I was there that day. SOS and Devitt did not wrestle each other. There was a three way as the last match of the day against Jay Phoenix and I think Vic Viper with an horrifically botched finish, where it had to be re started and the correct ending happened then. It was edited nicely for Whiplash TV though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sorry forgot about to say i found the first post on www.nodq.com

I saw feck all of SOS apart from a few bits on 427 before he went to america and from posts in the thread I understand his wrestling talent may not have been highly regarded. Personally i think all guys should be trying the wrestling around the world route before heading for wwe. WWE are actually restricting guys chances to develop by signing them up if they are raw.

He may not have been the complete wrestler going over but that would be why he got a development deal and not a superstar deal. He must have learned alot in two years under a programme that is designed to improve everything about you, from wrestling to promos. I hope going on the road works out for him.

A concern must be that his deal must be close to running out, if he doesn't impress then he may end up released.

If given a tv chance I wonder what role they will find for him. I actually think a role with hornswoggle wouldn't be a disaster. He would get over with kids pretty fast if he was with the wee man. If the finlay thing happened i think he would be very lucky, who better to learn from than Fit?

DM-ICE wrote: »
    If the finlay thing happened i think he would be very lucky, who better to learn from than Fit?

Finlay is awesome though they do have to change his music from that stupid Hornswoggle rubbish. They wouldn't be a bad tag team with the long term aim of breaking them up and turning SOS heel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

SOS's intro could be linked with Hornswaggle and Finlay being on different show now i.e he could now be teamed with one and not the other i.e with finlay to tag/learn or feud which would be of obvious benefit and easy to write or as DM suggests with Hornswaggle in an attempt to get him over with the kids in the 'wwe universe'.

I'd actually prefer an SOS/McIntyre feud if they both get called up at the same time. At least both of them are watchable in the ring together.

I'd actually prefer an SOS/McIntyre feud if they both get called up at the same time. At least both of them are watchable in the ring together.

I would love to see that type of storyline. I think bringing in two guys with the storyline they are trying to outdo one another and get over would be great. You could even have it as a Teddy long style impress me and you get a contract. At the end both guys get contracts and team up out of respect. They could have a follow on with the older wrestlers complaining about the screen time the new guys get. The two lads then watch each others backs against the old timers trying to keep them down.

I assume its been done before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I've never been a fan of SOS, in fact I think he's God awful, but good luck to the fella for realising his dream, if and when it happens for him.

You know what I'm dreading though if he does make it to a decent level of WWE? The predictably smug and cringeworthy Late Late interview we'll have to endure when some ill-informed presenter will spend the whole time being patronising about wrestling, or worse will kayfabe the whole thing to the absolute mortification of wrstling fans everywhere.:eek:

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I assume its been done before?

It has and it hasn't. The one thing that springs to mind, that most people didn't really get to see until Curt Hennig's DVD came out, and that's the match at Wrestlefest 88.

Basically the winner of the Curt Hennig/Terry Taylor match got titled Mr Perfect (as neither had a televised defeat in WWE prior to that match), of course where it was the beginning of Hennig's career in the big leagues, it pretty much was the end of Taylor's career, as he was later managed by Bobby Heenan as the "stumbling fumbling Red Rooster", who needed to be guided.

Tragic thing is, Taylor was more than an accomplished wrestler, sadly his career never recovered after that horrible gimmick, and it's pretty much all he's ever been remembered for ever since.

I know he appeared on TNA once as part of that Global Impact show in 2008 wrestling a 6 man against Christian, AJ Styles and someone else.

Petey Williams. I'd hope that he'd land in TNA for at least a month or two through TNA's working relationship with New Japan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'll be supporting SOS nonetheless. However I'm not supporting him because he's Irish but because i've heard good stuff about him.

I also hope DH Smith get's called up so that we might see the New Hart Foundation. I'd like to see them feud with Legacy

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I also hope DH Smith get's called up so that we might see the New Hart Foundation. I'd like to see them feud with Legacy

That's not gonna happen anytime soon, especially after they tried calling him up about 18 months ago and he was suspended almost a month later due to wellness violation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

It has and it hasn't. The one thing that springs to mind, that most people didn't really get to see until Curt Hennig's DVD came out, and that's the match at Wrestlefest 88.

Basically the winner of the Curt Hennig/Terry Taylor match got titled Mr Perfect (as neither had a televised defeat in WWE prior to that match), of course where it was the beginning of Hennig's career in the big leagues, it pretty much was the end of Taylor's career, as he was later managed by Bobby Heenan as the "stumbling fumbling Red Rooster", who needed to be guided.

Tragic thing is, Taylor was more than an accomplished wrestler, sadly his career never recovered after that horrible gimmick, and it's pretty much all he's ever been remembered for ever since.

Does nobody remember TTT? Didnt last to long but thats my only memory of the guy as was too young to remember the rooster thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

That's not gonna happen anytime soon, especially after they tried calling him up about 18 months ago and he was suspended almost a month later due to wellness violation.
    I reckon its gonna happen sooner rather than later. Theve probably been testing him quite frequently since then and deemed hes learnt his lesson hence why they used a draft space for him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement