Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for a 17 year old male on cbr 125

Options
  • 28-04-2009 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi!

I'm 17, male and i'm hoping on getting a cbr 125. On a learners permit. First time driver.

Can anyone help me with the rough price of the insurance, on full and for third party fire and theft.

And what insurance companies will take me so i can ring them up sometime?

Thanks everyone. ;)

Comments

Call AON or Quinn Direct. Your going to get robbed due to your age.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

darraghm92 wrote: »
    Hi!

I'm 17, male and i'm hoping on getting a cbr 125. On a learners permit. First time driver.

Can anyone help me with the rough price of the insurance, on full and for third party fire and theft.

And what insurance companies will take me so i can ring them up sometime?

Thanks everyone. ;)

Prepare to bend over and have a jar of vaseline ready while you get your quotes off those comapnies at your age.

You,ll get absolutely ridden by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Try the Quinn online forms to get an idea of a price. Phone them to double check it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You can pick up some KY in boots before hand. Might make the prison loving go down better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Yeah, you're looking at a CBR too man. At that age start easy, a CG125 will be an awful lot easier on the wallet. Either way Quinn is the only one that will quote you, ring them and say you've bought the bike already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 darraghm92

You can pick up some KY in boots before hand. Might make the prison loving go down better.

???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

darraghm92 wrote: »
    ???

I' basically saying your going to be lucky if your quote(if you can get one) will be under 2.5k on a cbr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I just made up generic details and put them through quinn-direct.ie. They only have the CB125F on the site so I had to pick that. I think the CBR has a tiny bit more power.

The CBF, 3rd party, provisional A1 is €1540 pa. I'd say the CBR will be close to the €2k mark depending on your cirumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 darraghm92

KTRIC wrote: »
    I just made up generic details and put them through quinn-direct.ie. They only have the CB125F on the site so I had to pick that. I think the CBR has a tiny bit more power.

The CBF, 3rd party, provisional A1 is €1540 pa. I'd say the CBR will be close to the €2k mark depending on your cirumstances.

Thanks for that. The online quote never works for me, it says you need to call to finalise some details or something like that.

Advertisement