Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what happened to Hazlett???

• 28-04-2009 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

We used to buy Hazlett at the deli counter in Superquinn every week, you could buy it everywhere. I've been looking for it for the last few years at every deli counter I've passsed but it's vanished without a trace. wha' haaaapened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

bump

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

People need more than 10 minutes to reply. Do not bump this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭git_ireland

flanree wrote: »
    We used to buy Hazlett at the deli counter in Superquinn every week, you could buy it everywhere. I've been looking for it for the last few years at every deli counter I've passsed but it's vanished without a trace. wha' haaaapened?

You can buy it direct from Olhausens in Blachardstown or from Olhausens / Kearns Meats in in the business park in coolock, behind the old Tayto factory

Olhausen's Ltd
    Blanchardstown Industrial Park,
    Snugborough Road,
    Dublin 15.

Phone Number: +3531 869 5600
    Fax Number: +353 1 8695601

http://www.olhausens.ie/Coolockpremises.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

cheers git, do you know why it disappeared from supermarkets?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Is this the same as Haslet ?

It's a north of England cold meat , I used to love it in my sambo's in England but I have never seen it here .

• Advertisement

flanree wrote: »
    cheers git, do you know why it disappeared from supermarkets?

Dont have a clue. I think it is the kinda of food you had to grow up on to like it. And i feckin love it. Buy two plastic containers each week. think there is 10 - 15 slices per container.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I think I heard something about it not being as easy to find anymore cos the meat in it isn't easily traceable and something about EU regulations (but it's all a bit chinese whispery and I'm not really sure what regulations/what they mean by traceability!).

I can still get it in butchers on Thomas/Meath St in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Is this the same as Haslet ?

It's a north of England cold meat , I used to love it in my sambo's in England but I have never seen it here .

Could well be a similar product all right. I remember it from years ago ... a kind of spiced meat loaf style product but bought sliced from the deli.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Used to go mad for this as a young one. I think they may have something similar in M&S. Or ask your butcher - that's where we used to get it.

olaola wrote: »
    Used to go mad for this as a young one. I think they may have something similar in M&S. Or ask your butcher - that's where we used to get it.

Most of the older style butchers should have it. Not any of the newer breed of craft butchers. But you cant beat gettin a huge slab of it direct from the source.

I have started to toast it in a sandwich with easi cheese slices. Delish!!!
    Class after a few pints of beer

Soakage lol!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement