Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

21 days around Europe

• 28-04-2009 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

2 mates of mine are heading to Europe for 21 days via inter-rail. The thing is they want to hit as many countries within the 21 days as is humanly possible before one of them hits a significant birthday.
    Can anyone give them a few pointers on what kind of route to take, where to avoid, where to definitely visit etc?
    There both fairly mature travellers and have bought 2nd class rail tickets as there's supposed to be no difference between 1st and 2nd.

Their also not to bothered about luxury so sleeping on train or in hostels doesn't worry them.
    Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

visit munich!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

No difference between 1st & 2nd, eh ? Mature travellers, eh ?

There may be no (or not much) difference between 1st & 2nd on the 0732 Utrech to Amersfoort commuter train, but if you're going long distance and overnight in a full intercity train there can be big differences. Anyhoo . . .

The request is a little vague, but in terms of covering the most countries I would go Paris->Brussels->Amsterdam->Copenhagen (maybe Stockholm too)->Berlin->Warsaw->Prague->Vienna->Venice->Geneva (maybe Madrid & Lisbon too)->home. I'm sure there are other countries they could add in as side journeys or change the cities, but that would be the basis of my trip. Mind you, last time I did anything approaching this the cold war was still on, there were still two countries called Germany and entire countries could be summed up in "Europe by Rail" in 6 or 7 pages. People with more recent experience may mention routes with all sorts of new countries that didn't even exist last time I interrailed.

z

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Not sure on what route they should take but they should definitely try include Berlin, Amsterdam, Barcelona (although this one might be awkward), Prague and possibly even Krakov.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Visit Lake Bled in Slovenia. Everyone I know whos done the interrailing thing says it was the highlight of the trip.

Advertisement