Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megaman 11w GU10 CFL colour temperature?

• 28-04-2009 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Does anybody know the difference between the warm white and cool white megaman 11w CFL GU10 lamps (non dimmable) ? http://megamanuk.com/products/product.php?sid=2
    I want to replace 6 GU10 halogens in my kitchen with CFL's and am unsure what colour temperature I should be going for. Any info or experiences with these lamps would be very helpful. thanks. B

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

warm_white_compare_640.jpg

This picture gives you an idea. The warm white is what most people use, they are a closer match to normal halogens. Cool white are more used for modern/commercial designs, but its all personal taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

as above most ppl go for warm white as its similar to the colour given by incandesent. i prefere cool white, looks a bit more modern and gives better colour rendering

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

Does anybody know where to buy Megaman GU10 bulbs in Dublin or on the internet as cheap as possible. Have looked at ebay.ie but no real success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

eci lighting in north park ind est in finglas are a main megaman agent. we buy all our dimmable cfl stuff from them.
    northpark is the ind est behind denis mahonys just before the m50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭air

The 11W Megamans are available from Ebay UK for around £6 each plus shipping which runs (for a single bulb) about £1.50, they're 14 Euro each in B&Q IIRC.
    I've bought a number of the 3000k ones and I like the light temperature from them, they're a little whiter than normal halogens to my eyes but I actually prefer it now, halogens look very yellow in comparison.

• Advertisement
Advertisement