Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army Armaments MEU 1911A1 Discussion

Options
  • 28-04-2009 11:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

As per forum rules. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

curious as to the cost
    1/ gun
    2/ shipping
    3/ coustoms, vat , extra ups/tnt charges etc
    4/ bottom line total cost landed into your hand

would be very grateful if you could answer all the above

PS have you cronographed it

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

Good quality pics!! Do you know what the fps is? And how much is it comparing to the Socom Gear MEU?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I haven't chrono'd it yet but with my special senses i would guestimate it at about 280ish from firing it.

Not sure of the total cost at the moment, i was half asleep when i bought it and TNT gave me a bill when delivering it too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

How's the accuracy Richie? (My usual question! lol)

pretty decent, i mentioned it in the review there. i fired it over a range of about 30-40 ft.

• Advertisement

Ah how did i miss that! i blame those lovely pics! I need sleep :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭budda15c

Does it take TM mags, coz I've been having a look around and can't see any mags for it.

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

man oh man, this company is really thumping out some really nice kit. with TM compatibility that a huge added bonus. really great pics as well dude. whats the mag like Richie? is it a cheapo or is it even a cheap alternative to TM ones??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

what does the MEU stand for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Its heartening to know I will have my own pimpesque 1911 soon, and just different enough not to be common.

This MEU is very nice though, and I would like to start a good 1911 collection, on a par with my ak collection, and maybe some more berettas, so one of these, maybe another plain jane 1911a1, and the current polished milspec project.

Love the 1911, a real iconic piece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Marine Expeditionary Unit

budda15c wrote: »
    Does it take TM mags, coz I've been having a look around and can't see any mags for it.

cheers.

Yep its a TM compatible magazine. :)
    man oh man, this company is really thumping out some really nice kit. with TM compatibility that a huge added bonus. really great pics as well dude. whats the mag like Richie? is it a cheapo or is it even a cheap alternative to TM ones??

cheers man. :)
    the mag that comes with it is perfectly good, if they release them seperately even the TM owners will be buying them as spares. the finish is similar to the TM too with the brushed effect on it. it even has a little o ring in the valve to prevent wasting gas when filling. something the TM suffers terribly from . :)

The name came from "Marine-Corps Expeditionary Unit. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭budda15c

Masada wrote: »
    Yep its a TM compatible magazine. :)

Excellent:pac:

Well thats it, i'm getting two of these pimpy army meu's one tm version and one socom gear wilson combat. Ugh someone buy my desert eagle pretty please!

LOL, that'll be some collection. with a nice price tag too. :D
    To be honest though, after you see these and the Wilson Combat the TM wont really appeal to ya anymore. i just find its very average,feels light and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

For anyone looking for one, RSOV should have them back in stock mid May.
    Dear sir,
    gun_0448 is out of our stock ,
    as suppliers can’t provide it to us.
    It would out of stock at a short time and
    restock around min of MAY,
    so please stick with us, more interesting ACM stuff are coming=)

Many thanks

siuhung and sales team
    KND enterprise limited

I got the chance to chrono it today and to my supprise its firing 305 on room temp gas, maybe slightly chilly. i warmed the mag up a little and tried again and got 325. the kick is excellent on this thing. i took a load more pics of the internals and i'll see if I can add some more pics later. :)

Ok so black meu is 90euro delivered from gunner, how much is it from rsov? So the internals are 100% identical? Cheap metal kit for the tm!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Love the new grips on the MEU, not mad about the finger groves though. I'd say they cost more than the thing itself. Did you get them imported without any issues with customs as they were real steel?

Nah i got them from somebody so it was no hassle.
    They literally fit like a glove though and took about a minute to remove and install the new ones. :)
    The rubber/wood combo was actually what attracted me to them, ive always been a fan of hogue grips but with a 1911 you kinda need that wooden look too.

Just need to get some Trijicon tritium sights now. not sure if their available for this though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

You can get Novaks with tritium inserts which will definitely fit, not sure about the Trijicon ones though.

any idea where to get the dex? ive googled around with no luck so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 roflwaffle

Hey, new to the forums here.

Few questions. Where did you get your MEU? Did it come with and orange tip and were the trades covered? I live in the US, so the customs rules might be a bit different.

Really looking forward to getting mine, but RSOV won't have them in stock for another few weeks.

No covering on the trades and no red tip. the red tip is usually only a plug anyway thoug so no hassle. i got it from RSOV. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 roflwaffle

That's great. I hope they do the same for US shipping. Orange tips and mutilated trades are huge turnoffs for me. Half the reason I want an Army MEU is because it has full trades anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Was checking this gun out last night on ebaybanned. Pretty sweet but would it make it through customs ok is the question?

Its 60eur with free p&p there.

Ebaybanned don't ship any airsoft guns to ireland though i don't think? Maybe i'm wrong

yeah they have ireland listed in the country's they wont ship guns to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

S**te, Dread dealing with gunner but second chances and all that I suppose I will let them have another crack. Big difference dealing with an Irish retailer and getting proper service if you have a question as opposed to broken english on a mail two weeks later lol.

Never bought outside ireland before just didnt fancy the headache but ya think it shouldnt be too much bother? Not going to have the rozzers calling to my door ..... again. lol

• Advertisement

you could ask the Irish retailers to get one for ya, least if its breaks or anything you have come back on it.
    RSOV wont have them for a few weeks now as far as im aware, From what ive been hearing about gunner i wouldnt trust buying from them. see if ehobby have them maybe?

Advertisement