Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army Armaments MEU 1911A1 Discussion

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Ah stop will ya lol, gunner gave me awfull trouble a while back. Havent even looked at the site since.
    Much prefer buying Irish anyway, not that I'm all patriotic or anything its just with the small amount of serious Irish retailers out there You really do feel like sticking with a certain shop out of loyalty ... cough *eirsoft* chough.

Have to buy the dboys scar end of this month so the 1911 will have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭AR-Mad

hey masada, do you know if the iron sights on this GBB can be removed like the Marui one? Also a more important question, how does it perform in Irish temperatures? Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah the iron sights are removable. I'm waiting for a new set of fibreoptic ones at the moment.
    Its a pretty efficient pistol compared to most in my collection. being full metal you'd expect it to be a little greedy but it actually lasts more than the ammo load and always locks back on its last shot.

masada, which shop did you get your GBB from?

• Advertisement

May I also ask what was the shipping cost like and what courier did you use because RSOV has a note saying they don't deliver to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

AR-Mad wrote: »
    May I also ask what was the shipping cost like and what courier did you use because RSOV has a note saying they don't deliver to Ireland.

As the note says, they only don't ship via certain couriers and
    Customers for those locations please choose other shipping methods such as UPS, TNT or hong kong post office surface mail for order containing airsoft gun.

Still out of stock on RSOV, in stock here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

is there a threaded barel avalible for these? i cant seem to find one,,, maybe im blind?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Yeah they should take any threaded barrel suited for a tm 1911, im gonna take mine off of the we when i get my meu

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

zero19 wrote: »
    Yeah they should take any threaded barrel suited for a tm 1911, im gonna take mine off of the we when i get my meu

cool thanks,,,,, gonna look for one now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Alzir

Whats the surface finish like on this? I seen reviews on arnies saying its "poor" and rough. Do you think it could if be flatened and shined with a fine wet sand?

it could be but its not that type of finish, the way it is currently is the way its supposed to be. i think dont think it would look as good if it was more of a mirror finish. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I wasn't a fan of the finish when I saw it first hand, its like a metalic paint with flecks in it, it was not a flat shiny metal, more a silvery paint.

I didn't like it anyway.

It's not silver paint?
    I prefer the finish of this to my detonics to be honest., it won't scratch easily when it comes in contact with hard surfaces so it's far more suitable for skirmishing than the polished ones which are really only collectors pieces., I'm in the process of polishing a different one to a mirror finish but it'll never be used since it'll be fragile., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

It looks a bit off though, like a paint.

I'd have to have a second look to make up my mind if I liked it, was a nice solid heavy piece though.

got my MEU today, its a great GBB but I found a nasty surprise. the surprise was that the manual says the sights are not removable and even mentioned the dummy screws. I tried it and the rear sight could move left and right but the front sight was (i think) glued to the slide. Did this happen to you Masada and how did you remove the sights?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I stripped mine down this evening to try and tighten up the right safety but I seem to have made it worse. The amount of travel on the right side is worse now, the left side is still ok. Now the safety seems to catch when I try to disengage it. I can flick it on form either side fine but when I try to flick it down from the right side it springs back up but from the left it seems fine.

Is there better replacement safeties out there. One that don't a a tiny piece of soft silver metal joining the two catches together.

I seem to have made a meal of the mag release too, its now very very stiff. I've taken it out and put it back a few times but I seem to be doing something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

hey guys, anyone know what barrel length these use?:confused:

Advertisement