Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone bill pay instead of house phone?

• 28-04-2009 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

hello.
    i was thinking of getting rid of my house phone and geting in a bill phone.
    i would like to get a vodafone as it has the best coverage around my house.
    could anyone tell me what deal/price plan i should go with.
    i would like to get vodafone calls and landline minutes for under 50€ a month if possible.
    i was looking at vodafone simply,
    http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/simply/
    would i be able to get this plus the landline(100mins) add on?
    that would be 33.04€ with unlimted vodafone calls and texts, and 100 mins to landlines, yes?
    do these sound like good deals?

p.s. we already have vodafone 3G mobile braodband registered in our household, would this make any difference to the costs i would get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Callcosts.ie may be worth looking at to find out the best package plan for you. Also shows add ons etc if you have usages that fall out of set package plans.

If you do call and text vodafone people and that's it than yes I would recommend vodafone simply. The add on landline calls is also good idea if you do ring land lines. If this changes at anytime you can cancel the add on and will be taken off by your next bill cycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭mcw92

thanks. il check it out in a bit:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yes would work as you say. Its a good deal if you make calls to mostly vodafone numbers, and that you wont go over 100 landline minutes? Outside your balance, calls will be charged at €0.30 per minute. Texts €0.11

o2 have a similar offer for €25 a month, it has unlimited landline calls, but would be unlimited calls and texts to o2 numbers so wont suit you if you mostly call vodafone? Outside allowance calls charged at €0.25 Texts €0.10

Callcosts is never that uptodate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭mcw92

Davy wrote: »
    Yes would work as you say. Its a good deal if you make calls to mostly vodafone numbers, and that you wont go over 100 landline minutes? Outside your balance, calls will be charged at €0.30 per minute. Texts €0.11

o2 have a similar offer for €25 a month, it has unlimited landline calls, but would be unlimited calls and texts to o2 numbers so wont suit you if you mostly call vodafone? Outside allowance calls charged at €0.25 Texts €0.10

Callcosts is never that uptodate

yes 90% of mobile calls would be vodafone.
    so if i rang a o2 number it would be 0.30€ per min, yes?
    and what if i went over the 100 mins landlind, what is it then per min?,0.30€ also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

mcw92 wrote: »
    yes 90% of mobile calls would be vodafone.
    so if i rang a o2 number it would be 0.30 per min, yes?
    and what if i went over the 100 mins landlind, what is it then per min?,0.30 also?

Going with the simply plan yes thats correct. The good thing about simply and the similar clear and lite plans is the no contract so you can change if its not working out for you. I would suggest not cancelling your landline straight away. Use the mobile as if you didnt have the landline and see after 2months. Also try upc if you get a tv package from them. They can provide tv phone and broadband for good prices to certain areas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement