Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chrome

• 28-04-2009 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭

I use Internet Explorer on Windows Vista , according to Google home page, chrome is much faster, is this true ?,
    always need a little bit more speed on my system - any payoffs for this free browser ?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

u could just try it and see for yourself.
    anything is better than internet explorer though.

safari is supposed to be fast also. might be worth downloading too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Shar give it a try and see. If you don't like it uninstall it.
    I find Firefox good and faster than IE. Anything other than IE is a lot safer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

yep , installed it, seams to do what is says on the tin - don't like Google Windows search , but so far happy with Chrome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

According to Apple, Safari is the fastest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

Effluo wrote: »

I find safari the fastest, but still prefer Firefox.
    Chrome is still crammed full of annoying bugs and lacks the add ons I need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I was looking at a relative's computer today and they had tried to upgrade from IE7 to IE8 but something went wrong and now they don't have IE working at all. Is it possible to download Firefox without IE working ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

chughes wrote: »
    I was looking at a relative's computer today and they had tried to upgrade from IE7 to IE8 but something went wrong and now they don't have IE working at all. Is it possible to download Firefox without IE working ?

Do it on another pc & save it to a cd or usb key

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Cheers, Pog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Effluo wrote: »

...And according to Mozilla, Firefox is the best, while according to Microsoft, IE is the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

after a few days no real complaints with Chrome, definitly much faster than IE, some sites such as MySpace don't work without updates - but I'm pleased overall

• Advertisement
Advertisement