Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap prepay phone with pay monthly

• 28-04-2009 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

hello.
    i was thinking of geting a bill phone for the house.
    can i use my current mobile(prepay) with the pay monthly sim?
    i have it unlocked on o2 and vodafone...will they unlock it for me for free to use on pay monthly?
    also if i get this done does that mean that i could get a pay monthly phone, sim and phone, but put the sim into my 6300 and use the phone i got as contract with my prepay sim?(would i have to get it unlocked? cost?)
    this way i could get an expensive pay prepay phone for cheap on pay monthly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

hello
    Hi
    I'm assuming you mean a mobile bill phone? Otherwise disregard the rest.
    If it's unlocked you can use it. If it's on O2 prepay you can use on O2 billpay, Voda on Voda, etc
    i have it unlocked on o2 and vodafone...will they unlock it for me for free to use on pay monthly?
    If it's already unlocked you don't need to unlock it again
    also if i get this done does that mean that i could get a pay monthly phone, sim and phone, but put the sim into my 6300 and use the phone i got as contract with my prepay sim?(would i have to get it unlocked? cost?)
    You can just get a SIM only contract if you want and use the SIM with your existing mobile.
    If you buy a billpay phone you're gonna be in a contract, you'll end up paying the money back on bills etc. Up to yourself.

What sort of usage do you have on your phone etc at the moment? Mins? Texts? Credit? Etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Regarding your other thread. If you are thinking of going with the vodafone simply you dont get a phone as its a 30 day notice account.
    I personally wouldnt go into a 12month contract just to get an expensive phone as you will end up paying for it in your bill.

However, to answer your question, if you do sign into a 12month contract, yes you can get a reasonable expensive phone for cheap and get it unlocked straight away. You log onto www.vodafone.ie, sign in, and in the "my mobile" section there is an option called "NAC", it gives you 3 unlocking chances. Type imei in there and will email you the code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

mcw92 wrote: »
    hello.

Yes you can use a prepay phone with a pay monthly SIM.
    Unlocking a handset is free (except on 3)
    If you got a pay monthly phone you could use it providing it's the same network (if it's not there will be minimum spend requirements - minimum connection period/amount spent)

The latter just depends what network

Advertisement