Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21st locations in cork city??

Options
  • 28-04-2009 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

hey guys has anyone any sugestions for good places to have a 21st in the city??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Outside it?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

the pavillion?? well cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

The Mardyke would probably be a good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Garda Club?...........upstairs in the Ovens bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Went to one in the Red Room in Soho recently ... they divied out food at about midnite which was great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

A friend of mines sister had hers upstairs in the Newport recently - it's fine - room is a bit small but they don't charge a fee to book it so it's good.

The Spailpean across from Beamish. They have a pretty big room upstairs and it's a great pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I like The Mardyke for birthdays, Newport was a bit small for my mates 21st I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Renegade28

Barr wrote: »
    Went to one in the Red Room in Soho recently ... they divied out food at about midnite which was great

i got onto them today, sed they dont do 21st caus the bar is over 23s. oh well was worth a shot.

leahyl wrote: »
    A friend of mines sister had hers upstairs in the Newport recently - it's fine - room is a bit small but they don't charge a fee to book it so it's good.

ya that was one of my first choices but the middle room is booked out for the night i want , they said theyd give me the top room but it would only hold about 50 ppl. Im not sure if that would be too small.

• Advertisement

The Spailpean across from Beamish. They have a pretty big room upstairs and it's a great pub.

someone else suggested that to me. whats the upstairs room like?

Renegade28 wrote: »
    someone else suggested that to me. whats the upstairs room like?

Pretty big with a decent enough bar. Lot's of space. My brother had his 21st in there, and we were pretty impressed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gary223

Sober Lane is a good spot. Always 21st on in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

spailpin would be my favourite. time was the old oak had a room. the red room in so ho is excellent - smoking area, great food, private bar but it cost a mate 750 for 50 people with a few bottles of champagne thrown in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

I had mine in Spailpin and it was perfect to be honest! As far as i remember they just charge a deposit but you get it back at the end of the night!!
    Newport is good but if it's just the very top floor I wouldn't to be honest, it's actually tiny!! We were offered that for my mam's 50th and went in to take a look and it's way too small!! We ended up changing the date to get the middle floor!!
    Larry Tompkins have a nice little room upstairs for parties too!
    My friend had her 21st in the opera house, it cost them a bit at the time and I think they only got it because of someone they knew!! But it was a nice setup too!
    Other options would be the likes of GA clubs, the garda club down penrose wharf or telecom club on mccurtain street! Also some hotels have function rooms available it might be worth ringing around! I know someone who had one in the Victoria hotel on patrick street, im not sure what it was like though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 amz-v-tec

i think larry tompkins or sunset ridge its just out by the commons road...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Spailpin I'd say, loads of room (you have the whole floor to yourself), upstairs bar, a stage for dj or band, they serve food and have seperate entrance from the main bar from the street so you don't have to go in there. We had our school christmas party there a few years ago and it was class, have also organised gigs there and been to private parties. Also quite a central location for going anywhere else afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

soho is a good spot. a friend had hers in there and it was only 500eu for the thing as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Top of the County Hall...its a function room, does food and has a bar and mad views too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

anyone know the price of the spailpin for a night?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

metalfest wrote: »
    anyone know the price of the spailpin for a night?

My 21st was 3 yrs ago! It was 50 or 100 but i got it back at the end of the night!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

was at one in the montonotee hotel recently.

grand spot. Would recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

corkhero wrote: »
    was at one in the montonotee hotel recently.

grand spot. Would recommend

prob cost a fortune tho

Advertisement