Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3V voucher stockists

Options
  • 29-04-2009 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

anyone know where i can fine a stockist for the 3v vouchers. been to 4 of the louth listed stockists on the 3v website and none of them do them. does anyone know where i can actually get them in the Dundalk area. Incidently whats the point of being listed as a stockist if you aren't actually one, same as M50 toll stockists. any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

I agree, it's really annoying!!

The only place I ever got them was in Sloane's on the Avenue Road...but in saying that the last time I went in the machine wasn't working. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bingles

you can get them in Grants I always get mine in there they are ment to do them in the shop on Park drive but good luck with that I have tried a few times and they have not had it working :rolleyes: I have never had a problem in Grants though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bettedavis

thanks everyone, got it in sloanes. i did go to grants yesterday, they said no they don't do them ???!!!!! they actually sent me to sloanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

The Camelot pub does them, Bishops garage out the Dublin road and the garage just across the Newry bridge(cant for the life of me remember the name though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭mac_attack

I get mine in the Torris Brother shop across from Pat's in Dunleer, spent ages trying to find places in Drogheda, the pharmacy on Fair St. did them, but thats closed down now I think!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bingles

Oh blast it was dead handy for me to get them in Grants :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Najimco

Burma up by DKIT does them aswell... handy yokes

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Apparently it's impossible to get any money off them - that's why they've all stopped stocking them! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bettedavis

Apparently it's impossible to get any money off them - that's why they've all stopped stocking them! :pac:

how do you mean? do you mean the stockist, as in , no profit made?
    or do you mean a problem with using them, by the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

There are no problems with their service that I know of. Retailers in Drogheda were having problems getting their cut from 3V so most of them stopped offering the service. I've used them a few times in the past with no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Last time I was in Grant's they said that they no longer did the 3V cards and they sent me to Sloane's newsagents, where the shopkeeper decided her conversation was more interesting than processing my order (she held the card in between her fingers for like 5 minutes while she told her friend that her bin was set on fire)

Torris Bros. in Dunleer generally do them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Najimco

Last time I was in Grant's they said that they no longer did the 3V cards and they sent me to Sloane's newsagents, where the shopkeeper decided her conversation was more interesting than processing my order (she held the card in between her fingers for like 5 minutes while she told her friend that her bin was set on fire)

Torris Bros. in Dunleer generally do them as well.

Oh I try and avoid home run local business... Shops with women over the age of thirty serving behind the counter and small post offices!

This is a local shop for local people! How are ya Theresa... 50 hours later after a lot of coughing and eye balling them they serve you with hate in there eyes! like you should of waited 50 more!

JESUS!

Oh and they banned me from the bank of Ireland on clan brassil street. Now that was a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

The pharmacy (Fair Street) still does them. I purchased one recently.

Dunno how accurate this is because I've never actually bought one there, but according to a friend Kits "stop and shop" in Rathmullen also does them.

3V Should be on-sale in every post office everywhere. They're a handy thing to have but they're a bastard to find anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

John's shop (Centra) on the Duleek road for Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

3V cards are a joke!
    i got one and theres a shop in clondalkin next to an extra vision by the mill that sells the vouchers!
    got it and 4 weeks the thing went blank!
    it was printed on biodegradeable paper! useless!
    why cant ebay just accept laser or mastro i don't want to own a visa card. i have my own money i shouldn't have to use theirs!
    any ideas of alternative ideas for credit?
    btw im with boi and have a 3v card off permanent tsb and i really dont want to get in the business of havin bank accounts like email accounts

Advertisement