Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A1GP Season Finale Brands Hatch this weekend

• 29-04-2009 10:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

After the cancellation of Mexico's A1GP finale at the end of next month, it's all or nothing for Team Ireland in Kent this weekend.

Good luck to Adam Carroll and the boys as they try to overcome a 2 point deficit back from the Swiss this weekend.

Would be great to have 3 Irish world motorsport champions this decade following in the footsteps of Niall McShea and Shaun Gallagher.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Didn't realise Mexico was cancelled but I suppose it makes sense.

Looking forward to Brands even more now. Was looking into going to the race but never followed it up. Disgusted now I didn't coz I'd say there'll be great atmosphere and a big Irish following.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

dcr22B wrote: »
    After the cancellation of Mexico's A1GP finale at the end of next month, it's all or nothing for Team Ireland in Kent this weekend.

Good luck to Adam Carroll and the boys as they try to overcome a 2 point deficit back from the Swiss this weekend.

Would be great to have 3 Irish world motorsport champions this decade following in the footsteps of Niall McShea and Shaun Gallagher.

Isnt there something about dropping your lowest results or something tha would put Ireland 2 points ahead going into Donnington?
    Ireland will win the title if the following ALL happen

* Ireland scores at least 3 points
    + Ireland doesn't lose more than 1 point to Switzerland
    + Ireland doesn't lose more than 4 points to Portugal
    + if scores are tied Ireland needs to have better tie-break results (presently Switzerland has four wins to Ireland’s three, and Portugal's one)

Ireland could win the title if it simply finished ahead of Switzerland and Portugal in both races, assuming this didn’t happen in the lower point scoring positions. If it scores three more points than Switzerland, and Portugal doesn’t come within four more points than Ireland, Ireland will become champion. However it will need to score a minimum of three points from the weekend to have a chance of becoming champion – despite having points to drop, Switzerland still has 88 points already on the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

vectra wrote: »
    Isnt there something about dropping your lowest results or something tha would put Ireland 2 points ahead going into Donnington?

Yup, Switzerland have to drop 4 points, as their worst result of the season (along with both Ireland and Portugal) was Zandvoort. However, unlike us, they scored 5th in the Sprint Race giving them those 4 points.

Technically we lead Switzerland by two and Portugal by four. In all fairness, there isn't a hope in heck that all three teams will score low enough for those points to be a factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 steoucd

Yeah, Sunday is gonna be huge. Here's hoping Ireland can do it. I'd love to be over in Brands but unfortunatly can't make it. I'll be watching live on Sky1HD though, few of us are gonna have a few beers and cheer on the nation!

Adam Carroll for Team Ireland on Pole with a 1.11.615 Lap record with NO POWER BOOST...!! :eek:

Looking good
    Fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Right, I'm not going to get a chance to see this until Monday, I've already unsubscribed from this forum so is there any chance of people not making a thread with the result in the title which I might see on the main page?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I gotta say I don't follow A1, although I have followed F1 for 5 or 6 years now.

I just saw it on Sky 1 now, has it always been shown there ? Anyway great to see Ireland doing well, I heard something about adam carroll looking at getting a drive in F1, anyone heard anything about that ?

woohoo
    Double pole for TEAM iRELAND :D

and another lap record for Adam 1.10.902

Looking excellent for the top results :cool:

Heres hoping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Fair play too them Adam seems to have a VERY smooth drive style, full of confidence which is great to see from an Irish lad :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Mark 00

Whats goin on with sky coverage????

The Sprint race and feature race, if I'm right are at 11.00 and 3 o clock GMT today (Sunday) but tv guide on sky has supposecly qualifying at 10.55 and "Race Day" at 20.00 on sky sports extra. Am I missing something?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

With it now being the final race it cant be missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭afatbollix

its on sky one not the sports channels :)

way to go Adam...!!

One down one to go..

Ireland 1st
    Ireland Fastest lap

Portugal 5th
    Switzerland 8th :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Boom,

1 Ireland 97
    2 Switzerland 89
    3 Portugal 86

Ireland leading by 8. 12 when the dropped points are taken into account. Adam just needs to keep it between the ditches for the feature race now!

Come on Ireland!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Adam Carroll = Legend, forget Bernard Dunne and co

Taken from A1-GP

A1 Team Ireland needs to finish in fifth place or better in this afternoon’s Feature race to win the 2008/09 A1GP World Cup of Motorsport title.
    After Ireland’s victory and fastest lap in this morning’s Sprint race, Ireland now only need six points to take the crown in this afternoon’s Feature race. Portugal only finished in fifth place with Switzerland eighth in this morning’s Sprint race and are now 11 and eight points behind in the championship respectively.

But if Ireland has a bad Feature race, scoring less than six points, then Switzerland and Portugal still have a mathematical chance of snatching the championship.

* Ireland will win the title by finishing fifth or better in this afternoon’s Feature race, no matter what else happens.

* If Portugal is to have any hope of winning the title, it needs to finish in at least second, and hope that Ireland fails to score, and Switzerland doesn’t beat it to victory.

* If Switzerland is to regain the title, it also needs to finish at least second with Portugal not beating it to victory, and it need Ireland to have a shocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

vectra wrote: »
    Taken from A1-GP

A1 Team Ireland needs to finish in fifth place or better in this afternoon’s Feature race to win the 2008/09 A1GP World Cup of Motorsport title.
    After Ireland’s victory and fastest lap in this morning’s Sprint race, Ireland now only need six points to take the crown in this afternoon’s Feature race. Portugal only finished in fifth place with Switzerland eighth in this morning’s Sprint race and are now 11 and eight points behind in the championship respectively.

But if Ireland has a bad Feature race, scoring less than six points, then Switzerland and Portugal still have a mathematical chance of snatching the championship.

* Ireland will win the title by finishing fifth or better in this afternoon’s Feature race, no matter what else happens.

* If Portugal is to have any hope of winning the title, it needs to finish in at least second, and hope that Ireland fails to score, and Switzerland doesn’t beat it to victory.

* If Switzerland is to regain the title, it also needs to finish at least second with Portugal not beating it to victory, and it need Ireland to have a shocker.

Just fixed your post for ya.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

RESULT BELOW
    WooHoo! Congrats Adam Carroll and Team Ireland. A1 GP Champs

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Great race

Get in. :)

G'wan Adam! Get in there m'boy!

So who else is coming to set up camp in Dublin Airport for when they come back? :D

• Advertisement

TheChrisD wrote: »
    G'wan Adam! Get in there m'boy!

So who else is coming to set up camp in Dublin Airport for when they come back? :D

They? Did ya hear the mechanics' accents on Sky? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

argh forgot it was on see repeat is on at 8pm though

damn Rossi winning in motogp distracting me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    What did annoy me is after the win the commentator said "and of course he lives over in the UK" in a really smug kinda way as if why would he want to live in Ireland (either north or south).Complete Twat

hahaha you have to love bitter commentators

amacachi wrote: »
    They? Did ya hear the mechanics' accents on Sky? :P

OK, well then at least Mark Gallagher and Niall Quinn :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Great result, delighted for Adam and the team :D

Advertisement