Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No cameras at concerts- how strict are they?

• 29-04-2009 10:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm going to Moz in Galway tonight, he's playing in Leisureland, Salthill.
    It says on the ticket 'no cameras' but I'm wondering how strict they'll be? I jsut want to take a few pics for myself. I have a bridge camera so it's a bit bigger than a compact- can't hide it in my pocket....

If I do manage to get in with my camera and they catch me taking pics will they just say to stop or throw me out?

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

It seems to depend on the artist. I've been at a few were they enforced it but most don't. No idea if Morrissey is one of the ones that are particularly strict though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

They'd have to confiscate a hell of a lot of mobile phones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭dinneenp

there was no problem in the end- as I said it's a big camera (bridge) so I just put it in my jacket pocket and tied my jacket around my waist.

As it was all standing and biggish venue they weren't even trying to stop people taking pics. If someone sat up on someone's shoulders a security person at the front would point a torch at them but no bother for people with cameras.

I think the three song rule is good- espically as you're more than likely to be standing in the same spot so most shots will be similar.

Here's about the best I got (it's fecken hard to get sharp pic without being too dark....Moz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Will it be ok to bring a small digital camera to the O2 this evening to ' Girls Aloud ' ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Helo from a photography forum user!

Yeah, you'll all be grand - it generally means no 'big' cameras. I go to a lot of gigs with my slr and I get told not to use ita lot, but point and shoot cameras are never an issue. Just turn off the flash - it wont annoy anybody and you get better pictures too!

The only person I know who managed to confiscate phones successfully was Leonard Cohen in his Phoenix Park gig. And even that was optional!

Enjoy Morrissey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

You mean Tom Waits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Tool are mad for confiscating cameras...

searching people on the way in and all. I dunno about what happened once we got in though. They seemed pretty set on NO PHOTOGRAPHY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Yeah, that happened to me when I saw Tool in Paris. I had a point and shoot with me for various touristy purposes but I had to hand it in and collect it after the concert.

Advertisement