Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Vs Leinster NOT on in Australia

Options
  • 29-04-2009 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭

ESPN is their wisdom have decided to not to show Munster Vs Leinster live on Saturday night, but instead to highlights of bowling and tractor pulling(seriously).

Even those of you who have no interest in watching, can you do the rest of us a massive favour and send an email to ESPN at the address below asking them to show it?

Couple of things to mention:

It's 2 Irish teams in the match and Australia is obviously full of Irish
    It's an 82,000 capacity sell-out, which will break the worldwide club rugby attendance record
    It's the semi-final of a competition that ESPN have been broadcasting and advertising all year
    It can be safely stated that the audience will be significantly larger for this, than for bowling/tractor pulling.
    After all the Australian media(both sport and mainstream) coverage of Munster-all blacks back in November, there is more than just an Irish ex-pat audience
    Munster/Heineken Cup games on ESPN regularly feature in the "On The Box" column in the Sydney Morning Herald

international.networks@espn.com

Also, please pass on to anyone you think may be interested
    Already have a bunch of people emailing them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Thats crazy !

This game could conceivably get as big if not bigger audiences than the Wales game......

I also dont think it will be in Setaqnta online as they dont do H Cup games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Our foxtel planner says its on here 4.25 am AEST on ESPN, Ive it set up to record and everything :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

http://blog.irishecho.com.au/2009/04/29/espn-ditch-live-coverage-of-leinster-v-munster/
    The spokesperson went on to say that the game will now have its first airing at 9am AET on Sunday morning and will be re-aired again at 7pm AET on Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

I got an email back - It's on at 4:30am
    Think the best bet is to watch it on the internet on something like tvu player

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mick_ire

terencemc wrote: »
    I got an email back - It's on at 4:30am
    Think the best bet is to watch it on the internet on something like tvu player

some of us might not have tvu player, any other ideas???....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Is that 4.30am Sydney time? i.e. two hours after the actual live kick-off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

mick_ire wrote: »
    some of us might not have tvu player, any other bright ideas gay boy???

Cork people= legends :p

Like, where did that even come out of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

mick_ire wrote: »
    some of us might not have tvu player, any other bright ideas gay boy???

Go back to Cork and stay there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

its on at 4.30, 2 hour delay so not too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

just got this back from espn

Thank you for writing.

We appreciate your taking the time to write and share your thoughts with us. We will pass your comments on to the appropriate personnel for their review and consideration. The new schedule for the Heineken Cup Semi-Final is as follows:
    Munster vs. Leinster airing ST at 9 a.m. Sunday, May 3 (re-air at 7 p.m.)
    Cardiff vs. Leicester airing ST at 8 a.m. Monday, May 4 (re-air at 3 p.m.)
    For our most updated scheduling information, please refer to the following site: http://intltv.espn.com/schedules/calendar.jsp.

Sincerely,
    ESPN Viewer Response Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Wow, they've really dropped the ball on this one. Can not understand the logic behind this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

real barca now on instead of the match..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

The game is at half 2, not half 4. It's still bowling and tractor pulling

Lads,
    www.justin.tv seems the way to go if you have broadband. I watched the whole match live with quality similar to youtube clips. It also has the super 14's and premier league. And you don't need to install a thing.
    All I need now is to find some way of watching the AIL league final...any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Lads,
    www.justin.tv seems the way to go if you have broadband. I watched the whole match live with quality similar to youtube clips. It also has the super 14's and premier league. And you don't need to install a thing.
    All I need now is to find some way of watching the AIL league final...any ideas?

whats AIL ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Trained Monkey

who is in the final?

Clontarf and either Garryowen or Limerick...not sure which

Clontarf and either Garryowen or Limerick...not sure which

Limerick?

It is Shannon RC vs Clontarf in Thomond Park 9th May

Yeah Shannon.
    I was thinking in my mind that it was Garryowen or a Limerick team and subconsciously thought I was writing Shannon.

• Advertisement

Yeah Shannon.
    I was thinking in my mind that it was Garryowen or a Limerick team and subconsciously thought I was writing Shannon.

No problem boss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

will the final be on in oz?? i will be in darwin can anyone recommend a pub to watch it in?? What are opening hours like in oz? Im flying out Sunday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

Yes the final will be on live on ESPN(2:30?)

Advertisement