Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post courier service

Options
  • 29-04-2009 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭

Herself sent a letter via An Post courier service to Manchester costing €20.

The item left the post office in Kildare on the 27th. Ended up on that day in Portlaoise. Latest is on the 28th it is in Kilbarrack.

I could have walked quicker to Kilbarrack and dropped it off.

Might have been cheaper to fly over and back at this rate.

What kind of service is this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

About par for the course with An "sure it'll get there sometime when we have finished our tea" Post.

They have never met their targets for delivery in Ireland, how do you think overseas will be any better, they will just blame the overseas handler for the delay.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Registered post might have been quicker.

Kilbarrack is probably the sorting office that is used for airport post, so while it may say it's there, the item may have actually left the country, and the next update will have the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Trampas

Rang An Post and they said it is been delivered today and that I can claim the money back as the item was delayed.

Might have been a case it should have gone direct to Kilbarrack instead of Portlaoise.

All I need to do is bring in a copy of the confirmation of delivery and I will get the money back as it should be delivered in a day.

Advertisement