Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother

Options
  • 29-04-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Anyone any idea when it starts dosen't seem to be much talk about it this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

End of May beginning of June no doubt. You are right though very quiet this year.
    Anyone any idea when it starts dosen't seem to be much talk about it this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Mrs JackDaniels

Yeah got a feeling it could be wrapping up after this year. Hope it dosen't can't help but still love it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 defirish

Yeah got a feeling it could be wrapping up after this year. Hope it dosen't can't help but still love it!!

I think they are trying to kill it of and distance themselves from it. Think next year will be there last one as thats when the contract ends

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Last one on Channel 4 if they don't (and most likely won't) renew. There’s talk of Sky picking it up and spreading itself out over Sky 1/2/3, but that talk is for next year.

The reason there’s barely any speculation is because they’re apparently having trouble finding a new sponsor (or else they’re keeping mum to try and concentrate all stories until launch.

Something needs to change this year, C4 have brought it to its knees. It’s just too safe nowadays with Channel4 at the helm (over all the controversies), I’m sure the programme as they broadcast in its current state isn't the programme that Endemol wants to make.

It really makes me wonder because Big Brother in other countries is actually a great show and is gaining popularity (as far as I know in countries like the US and Italy) but not in the UK.

Anyhow the current rumours are:
      Starts May 27th, or June 3rd/4th
      Glamour model and WAG Jill Demirel has reportedly been short-listed for this summer’s series (she was also apparently short-listed for BB9 but put it on her myspace and didn't make it)
      All 18-22 year old cast - producers hoping for a ''Sexy, Tabloid grabbing BB10''
      There will be a Big Brothers Big Quiz fronted by Davina this month
      Big Brother's Big Mouth has been cut to one show a week, hosted by Davina after the evictions

(These are RUMOURS so do take with a pinch of salt)

Confirmed changes to Big Brother programming:
      George Lamb will return to his post as the presenter of Big Brother’s Little Brother

Overall this year I think it needs a shift in Marketing, a different big brother (as in the tone and personality - evil was always best) and a mix of the usual nutters and sane people (but actually can mix together). A good Theme for this year’s BB (which I saw on another forum) was Paranoia. Housemates have no idea what’s happening, fake evictions in the daytime, even extended periods of there being no big brother (think like in Dead Set and when Big Brother went on Holiday in BB7), that and being a bit more evil would be great.

House Pics should be out in a week or two, adverts begin in 2-3 weeks time and Big Brother in 4-5 weeks time usually based on past launches.

300 posts... Nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 defirish

This year Davina mc Call is doing bbmb one night a week and George Lamb will be doing big brother little brother. They should get rid of these shows and go back to basics as the show is dying on its feet and they are saying that because of the recession that the funds are not there to keep the live feed going 24/7. I just think the interest is gone and that they are just going with the flow till the contract is over. Shame as it is one of the best shows on tv :(:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

Well according to Davina, there's another 2 years left in it:

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/blog/article/178500/

So can I ask all the regulars & mods, are we going to get our big brother forum back for the launch or are all the posts now going to be mixed in with the other reality tv posts?:D

jobucks wrote: »
    Well according to Davina, there's another 2 years left in it:

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/blog/article/178500/

I'd say its just the Sun misquoting her

Heres a bit more news/rumours:

• Rumoured (now proven to be fake) First Construction Shots:
    http://www.insidebigbrother.net/news/pre-bb/first-construction-shots.ibb
    • E4 to air Jade Goody special
    E4 to celebrate one of the most memorable housemates
    The Channel 4 spin off, E4, is to air a one-off Jade Goody special a part of the pre-season line before Big Brother 10 starts.
    According to reports, the show will be called ‘Jade: As seen on TV’ and will tell of her life since her stint in Big Brother 3 to her success as a worldwide celebrity.
    The show, due to air on Tuesday, May 26 at 9 pm on E4, will also feature never-seen before footage of Jade and her family.

• BB10 Tickets are now available
    Applause Store have released tickets for Big Brother 10. Read on for more information…
    The official ticket vendor has released information about booking tickets for the upcoming series of Big Brother which will kick off this summer.
    However, the store fails to reveal when the show will kick off. To be in with a chance of being part of the action click here to book your tickets.

• Celebrity lookalikes to appear in BB10?
    Big Brother producers are planning to put celebrity lookalikes into this summer’s house.
    According to the Daily Star, the housemates taking part in the upcoming series will have a striking resemblance to celebrities including singer Lily Allen, model Kate Moss and Prince Harry.
    An insider revealed to the newspaper that the show’s bosses were seeking for young and sexy housemates, with one contestant rumoured to be a Welsh stripper.
    The source said: “One of the team saw her in a lap dancing club. She’s a vile character who’ll sleep with any man, but she is game for a laugh, confident and good looking.”
    The source also said that the house would be more “basic and bog standard” this year: “In these hard times we haven’t wasted money on expensive fixtures and fittings. If the housemates think they will be in luxury they’ll get a shock.”
    The credit crunch will also reportedly affect where the housemates are put into hiding. In previous years the contestants have been sent abroad to countries like Spain, France and Holland. However, this year the hopefuls will be sent to remote British locations such as Scotland, Wales or Devon.
    The source admitted: “It’s just another way of cutting costs.”
    He then added that the tenth series would feature shock tasks such as the housemates being held hostage by ex-soldiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

I read somewhere that it's starting later this year as they don't want to be up against Britain's got talent for viewing figures. It usually is the last week in May tho.

According to www.insidebigbrother.net twitter feed the Launch date is to be revealed at midnight tonight, eye this week and hopefully (on my part) some details about the actual format of the show this year.

• Advertisement

Although it wasnt meant to happen, the new eye has been released by an official ticket vendor of Big Brother. Looks like the BB7 eye, a bit purple, blue and pink. In the style of a fingerprint:

BigBrother10Large.jpg

Links:
    http://www.insidebigbrother.net/news/pre-bb/applause-store-leak-the-new-eye.ibb
    http://www.applausestore.com/applausestore-reserve-form.php?id=14&bid=4

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

Hurrah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

dmcg90 wrote: »

It really makes me wonder because Big Brother in other countries is actually a great show and is gaining popularity (as far as I know in countries like the US and Italy) but not in the UK.

Big Bro in USA is fantastic, they show it on e4, I love big bro in general but in USA they actually have to work for their money, its really good and lots of bitching!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

What I've seen of Big Bro - all I can say is - YAWN.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Watched the 1st summary show on C4 and had to change the channel.. The Get-Along Gang.. can't see it taking off this year.. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Serena08

Very slow boring start I have to say time will tell :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

who let the two soft cocks into the house?

edit - 3 soft cocks. i think one of them is called Dog Face?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

what is that girl angel playing at sucking a raw egg from the shell instead of eating a slice of pizza because it will make her fat!!!!!!!

each to their own and all but god almighty one slice wont kill you and surely there are better options in the house than raw egg straight from the shell!!!

i know there are people who swallow raw egg as part of their fitness plan but she cant be doing that much training that she needs to suck raw egg like that!!

Advertisement