Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costumes for storybook themed party

Options
  • 29-04-2009 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

I'm on the social club at work and we have a yearly mid-winter ball. This is on in August. We've decided the theme is "storybook". As I have a heads up on a theme I'm already looking at costumes (I love dressing up). My OH and I want to go as a couple costume and are trying to think of ideas. My OH wants to go as anti-heros (i.e eveil characters that would go together).

So far, our best idea is cruella de vil and a dalmation (with my oh being the dalmation). I'm not sure if it is stretching the storybook thing too far - although 101 dalmations is a book.

Any other ideas? We've also thought about the queen and king of hearts from alice in wonderland. I guess as I'm on the committee organising it I want to make sure my costume impresses!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Well the obvious ones that stick out are -
    Red Riding Hood & Wolf
    Beauty & Beast (Maybe not anti-hero enough for him ?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

Ye could go as the old woman who lived in a shoe! With one of you being the old woman and the other being the shoe. Although, fashioning a shoe costume might prove awkward...

If you're willing to go all out on awkward costumes, how about the dish and the spoon from "Hey Diddle Diddle"? It's a nursery rhyme, which is close enough!

How about the witch and her flying monkey from The Wizard of Oz?

Advertisement