Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mulit-fuel stoves with backboiler

Options
  • 29-04-2009 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

in the market for a mulit-fuel stove with backboiler. need one to heat 4-5 radiators. ive seen some good deals around, but i dont know much about quality or make. i know hunter and stanley are good, but WAY out of my price range. i was on the kilkenny architectural salvage website and found this one. http://www.eurosalve.com/proddetail.php?prod=ja040b

in case the link doesnt work, its a Fastline Ltd. "rhone" model. multi fuel w/ back boiler. heats 4-5 rads. was wondering if anyone knew of the name. is it ****e? easy to get parts for? we saw some mulberry's new for 800€ if anyone has any suggestions, id appreciate it. we dont need anything fancy looking or anything with crazy paint colors. as long as its reliable and it works is all that matters. id rather spend a few extra quid to have something reliable.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Brother was in the market for similar stove and found McDonagh's the most reasonable for the stove he wanted. Glynn's in Tuam were expensive, Flynns of Lackagh not as bad while Joyces in Headford much the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

Did you manage to find a stove? I am looking for one myself-solid fuel with back boiler to heats 5 rads but so far everything way too expensive. I phoned that place in Kilkenny but wasn't convinced. Yer man tried to tell me that they were flying out the door but I checked a few weeks later and they are all still there, which I didn't think was a good sign. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

in the market for a mulit-fuel stove with backboiler. need one to heat 4-5 radiators. ive seen some good deals around, but i dont know much about quality or make. i know hunter and stanley are good, but WAY out of my price range. i was on the kilkenny architectural salvage website and found this one. http://www.eurosalve.com/proddetail.php?prod=ja040b

in case the link doesnt work, its a Fastline Ltd. "rhone" model. multi fuel w/ back boiler. heats 4-5 rads. was wondering if anyone knew of the name. is it ****e? easy to get parts for? we saw some mulberry's new for 800€ if anyone has any suggestions, id appreciate it. we dont need anything fancy looking or anything with crazy paint colors. as long as its reliable and it works is all that matters. id rather spend a few extra quid to have something reliable.

cheers

Just a quick heads up for you guys, I have one forsale on adverts.ie here is the link http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=120267&cat=all

That was quick C4cat. Do you have any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

fifilarue wrote: »
    Did you manage to find a stove? I am looking for one myself-solid fuel with back boiler to heats 5 rads but so far everything way too expensive. I phoned that place in Kilkenny but wasn't convinced. Yer man tried to tell me that they were flying out the door but I checked a few weeks later and they are all still there, which I didn't think was a good sign. :rolleyes:

we picked up a stove about a month ago from a place in kilcogan, co. galway. its a warrior stove (which is a stanley just without the name badge). backboiler and heats 7-8 rads. we paid 700€ for it. no delivery, gotta pick up yourself. but they load it in your car with a forklift. it was def the best buy around we could find. we found the stanley equivelant in glynns hardware store and it was 1100€. it uses all the same parts as stanley and its under full warranty. i believe the guy had a warrior to heat 5-6 rads for 500€ but dont quote me on that

• Advertisement

thanks a million tribesman. Much appreciated. :D

thanks a million tribesman. Much appreciated. :D

no problem. the guy also said if you find the stove is either too small or too large he will do a full swap until you find the perfect one. the place is a little hard to find, so if you need directions just hit me up. its in the back of a house with a long driveway.

Cheers. Am renovating an old place on a really tight budget, so every cent counts. Does he have a name or contact no.?

Cheers. Am renovating an old place on a really tight budget, so every cent counts. Does he have a name or contact no.?

the place is called kilcogan stoves and we found the number in the galway advertiser. he said they put the ad in there every week. dont have the number sitting around and i cant remember his name

good stuff. will check it out. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

That was quick C4cat. Do you have any pics?

there is a pic at this link

http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/shop/acatalog/Trianco_Room_Heaters_TRH45_STD_Sepia_.html

if your require further info pls ctc via the posting on adverts.ie as my posting on this forum was just ment to be a heads up and i am hoping the mods here did not mind so

regards

tanx a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Clarelassie

Hi,

Looking for a stove to do about 5-8 rads and saw the warrior stoves today and they seem a decent price with a good warranty(5yr) - are ye still happy with the warrior stoves??

Thanks in advance!!

Hi,

Looking for a stove to do about 5-8 rads and saw the warrior stoves today and they seem a decent price with a good warranty(5yr) - are ye still happy with the warrior stoves??

Thanks in advance!!

we have burned about 8 times so far with our warrior and not one problem. easy to clean too. we picked it up from your man in kilcolgan for 700€ and it heats 6-8 rads. he said he would take it back if you needed one bigger or smaller. not sure if he is charging more now because its fall as we got ours in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 6 xhaven1

We bought a Stratford SEB20 BackBoiler from UK still cost up to 700euros cheaper getting it shipped from UK www.fireplaceproducts.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Happyouter

I have a new house and I am sorry now I did not put in a back boiler and a stove. Are they hard to put in afterwards?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Can you get a range type cooker that will burn solid fuel AND oil?

Advertisement