Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee Beans

• 29-04-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a place to get decent coffee beans.

I have tried all the supermarkets in Tramore and Waterford and the only ones I can find are the vastly overpriced Illy beans at €8 per can! (think it is 250g)

Did see Bewleys beans in Superquinn but they are gone now!

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭foxylad

there are 2 coffee wholesalers in johnstown ind estate
    jave republic ones are great ----1kg bags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

foxylad wrote: »
    there are 2 coffee wholesalers in johnstown ind estate
    jave republic ones are great ----1kg bags
    Can you just go in and buy direct from them?? Any idea of price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I would imagine the Food Hall on Michael St, or the small place beside the smoothie bar in City Sq sell them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The guys on this forum often organise bulk purchases of both machinery and coffee beans to avail of discounts from abroad. If you're serious about your coffee, you might want to pop in and say hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭durrus

Ardkeen stores sell coffee beans, not sure what brands though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Online coffee resources.

Bricks & Morter shops, though mainly Dublin feel free to update :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Libby029

i just bought coffee beans only on Saturday in Mahers Coffee Shop in Cork. They had all sorts of different beans.. flavoured beans...

I bought a bag of chocolate mocha beans, and then i bought two bags of java beans... but there was loads of others like colombian, kenya,ethiopian, etc etc

There is three different sizes of bags that can be bought. I asked the lady in the shop if I want more will she post them down and she said no problems!!! I obviously have to pay for postage!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭foxylad

scout353 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a place to get decent coffee beans.

I have tried all the supermarkets in Tramore and Waterford and the only ones I can find are the vastly overpriced Illy beans at €8 per can! (think it is 250g)

Did see Bewleys beans in Superquinn but they are gone now!

Any help appreciated.

call into Jave Republic ---
    ask for Fintin ----
    1kg bag bout €20 or so -
    depending on the bean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

The chaps in Harlequins sell coffee beans too - Up by the old cinema - Can't remember the brand names, but they're Italian brands. Same as used by the cafe itself. Pretty nice too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Libby029 wrote: »
    i just bought coffee beans only on Saturday in Mahers Coffee Shop in Cork. They had all sorts of different beans.. flavoured beans...

I bought a bag of chocolate mocha beans, and then i bought two bags of java beans... but there was loads of others like colombian, kenya,ethiopian, etc etc

There is three different sizes of bags that can be bought. I asked the lady in the shop if I want more will she post them down and she said no problems!!! I obviously have to pay for postage!!

THat the place by the courthouse? Very good shop actually for everyone's coffee needs. Nice that they'll post to you too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

foxylad wrote: »
    call into Jave Republic ---
    ask for Fintin ----
    1kg bag bout €20 or so -
    depending on the bean!

Went into the place to the left of java republic during the week and bought a 500g bag of beans for 6 quid. damn nice too. really helpful guy in there and he was even able to give me a try of the coffee before i bought it. cant remember the name but they're in johnstown ind estate too.

Advertisement