Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone ever get their jabs abroad?

• 29-04-2009 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

The lad i am travelling with said that we wouldnt need jabs for Argentina last night and we could get them when we are there to cover us for the rest of our trip through all of south america. We could also get our Malaria tablets there he said and it would all work out a hell of a lot cheaper...

If he talking b**ox? I told him he was :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I got my last HepA/B shots in Oz and Yellow fever shots there and they worked out at about 30% of the price here.. Malaria tabs were cheaper as well...

Whether you need shots cannot advise, but you can talk to the TMB about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Well seeing as the diseases that the jabs are protecting against are found in those countries then it shouldn't be surprising that medical facilities in those countries will have jabs to protect against them.
    Only thing I'd say is that some jabs (like Rabies) take three injections spread out over 6 weeks. So obviously thats no good to you if you are in Argentina already.
    You can save a packet though, I bought anti-malarial tablets in Moscow years back, they were barely a quarter of the price of an Irish pharmacist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I believe you need a yellow fever jab to get into Brazil. As far as I know you need to get this around 4 weeks before entering..so something to think about if you are heading there.

Also, the malaria tablets that are readily available over there are doxycycline, which have the most side effects. My doctor advised against them and recommended Malarone.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

How much are they approx? I came straight to oz, but hope to go travelling through asia within the next 2 months.

Also, does anyone know if they can claim them on medical insurance? I took out travel and medical insurance before i left. Feel like I shuold get something out of my 400 euro!!!

Advertisement