Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco 1 cent delivery

• 29-04-2009 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

From an email

Place your grocery order for delivery on or between Thursday 30th April to Saturday 2nd May 2009 and you will pay just 1 cent for delivery!

That’s right; we’ve reduced all delivery slots to just 1 cent. This amazing offer must end Saturday, so go on log on to www.tesco.ie and book your 1 cent delivery slot today. Plus visit our special offers page and take advantage of our extensive range of Half Price and Buy One Get One Free offers online now.

We look forward to delivering your next online shop!

<mod edit: use the Cool Vids and Pics forum for mybrute game

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

1c delivery? that's too much
    Get it free until May 12th and with cashback
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055540006

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

snubbleste wrote: »
    1c delivery? that's too much
    Get it free until May 12th and with cashback
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055540006

No min order + free delivery + 1.50 cashback.

So you could order for a total value of 1.50 and essentially have it for free. What if order is less than 1.50. Can you make a profit?

bazwaldo wrote: »
    No min order + free delivery + 1.50 cashback.
    So you could order for a total value of 1.50 and essentially have it for free. What if order is less than 1.50. Can you make a profit?

Oh now, don't abuse it otherwise they'll put in a minimum order level for future orders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 stdlogic

try tesco online several times. however this time, the tesco online reject my laser card for the reason: "the card number is invalid". anyone met the same situation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

stdlogic wrote: »
    try tesco online several times. however this time, the tesco online reject my laser card for the reason: "the card number is invalid". anyone met the same situation?

yes that happens when you enter an invalid card number.

• Advertisement

yes that happens when you enter an invalid card number.

I mean I used that card to do the online shopping several times. No problem at all. Only this time it is recognized as a invalid card.

Problem solved. I used to tick "Please tick the box if your card is a Laser Card" because my card is a laser card. I try to not tick that box and this time it works. Must be a new bug of TESCO online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Tried to place a Tesco online order today (registered for ages but first time order). Getting similar problem. Using Laser card (with and without box ticked) it says 'issue number not valid' (there is no issue no. on laser cards AFAIK). Using a Visa, it just says there's a problem confirming my order. Anyone have any suggestions?:o

Just a thought..

Has anyone put in an order with the 1c delivery charge and handed the above coupon worth €4.50 to the delivery guy? Do you think it'd go through?

snubbleste wrote: »
    Just a thought..

Has anyone put in an order with the 1c delivery charge and handed the above coupon worth €4.50 to the delivery guy? Do you think it'd go through?

This is exactly what I try to do.

Half a year ago, I handed a €10 delivery voucher to a €5 delivery charge order. At that time, tesco really gave me that €10 back.

This is exactly what I try to do.
    Half a year ago, I handed a €10 delivery voucher to a €5 delivery charge order. At that time, tesco really gave me that €10 back.

Pretty good
    I always try to get some freebies as well :P
    But have you noticed recently they've started introducing a minimum spend on some vouchers €7.50 off €75 for example that were not there before

Anyway if anyone manages to pull the 1c + voucher combo off let me know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

With Tesco Home Shopping you need to be very carefull.

I ordered yesterday for delivery today and I have choosen the "Meal for 2 for 11.50€" deal which was current on that day "Main, Side, Desert, Wine" which was a great bargain. According to the site it was valid for todays delivery.

Today I get the delivery and there is no discount applied, when I go online I see that they changed the "Meal for 2 for 11.50€" deal down to "Main, Side, Wine" and to diffrent products.

So now I paid 26.29€ more than I planed and I can't get a refund because it is my responsibility to check if a deal is valid on the day of delivery (which I say it was and they say not).

This is on top of the usual issue, that they choose the products which expire shortly when they delivery or sometimes they throw in expired products.

Maybe it's just the shop that picks it for me but I never had these problems with Superquinn.

Now I'm actualy thinking of using one of the shops up north that deliver for 20€, I checked and with the spending pattern I have that is easy gained back.

report the result:

I ordered about EUR50 with the EUR0.01 delivery and turned that EUR4.5 voucher to the driver. I checked my bank account today and Tesco really refunded that EUR4.5.

Everyone knows what to do next time, right? :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Maybe it's just the shop that picks it for me but I never had these problems with Superquinn.

I use to use Tesco for delivery all the time and they were dreadful.

- Usually the fruit wasn't fresh and I'd even gotten items beyond their use by date.
    - There were often items out of stock or replaced with unsuitable items.
    - They expected you to hold onto the green containers, in an apartment!!
    - There were often items missing, that they had actually billed you for, I don't think I ever had a Tesco delivery where I didn't have to ring them to get a refund.
    - The worst was when they failed to deliver a whole pallet of food worth over €30 and wouldn't refund it, thieving ba***rds.

About a year ago I switched to Superquinn and I couldn't be happier.

- Fruit and veg are always lovely and fresh, never received out of date items.
    - Never once were any items missing.
    - Only once have they ever had to substitute an item for being out of stock and the substitution made sense.
    - They give you the food in bags so that you don't need to keep the pallets.

Vastly superior service, worth the little extra for delivery IMO.

Advertisement