Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charleroi???

Options
  • 29-04-2009 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Is there anything interesting to do around Charleroi airport (South of Brussels), other than going to Brussels? I have about 7-8 hours to spend (11am to 8pm), and I am so desperate to find something, I am even considering renting a car and driving out to Ghent/Bruges/Luxumburg and back..!! :o

thanks a mil!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

I'd recommend going to Liege, it's not too far away and it's a nice city with a bit of character and life about it. Charleroi itself is a bit of a dive, probably the Wallonian city worst affected by the decline of local coal and steel industries. Bruges is a bit of a hike from Charleroi, as is Ghent, they're both north of Brussels in Flanders, but no major journey; Belgium is considerably smaller and easier to get around (especially with the quality rail network) than our own fair isle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks upmeath, I ended up checking out Dinant.

I got loads of into on LP as well, here's the link: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/message.jspa?messageID=15701635#15701635

Advertisement