Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ecclestone wrong on Alonso-Ferrari claims

• 29-04-2009 12:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like Ferrari are happy with Kimi and Massa for now :cool:

Photo F1-Live.com
    Zoom
    Alonso himself says he has not spoken to Ferrari
    Contrary to his hints of the past, Bernie Ecclestone insists he is now not so sure that Fernando Alonso will move to Ferrari in the near future.

It has been reported time and time again that the Spanish driver is scheduled to move to the famous Italian team either next year or in 2011. But despite previously reinforcing the rumours, F1 Chief Executive Ecclestone now says: "They have told me that Alonso hasn't signed anything with Ferrari."

"They told me that I got it wrong," the Briton is quoted as saying at a gathering with Spanish reporters this week.

Ecclestone, however, did confirm that the Spanish bank Santander is moving to Ferrari next year.

Referring to Santander chief Emilio Botin, the billionaire said: "A long time ago we talked about it and I said it was logical: Ferrari is red, the same colour as your bank.
    "

Ecclestone added: "As for Alonso, if he goes to Ferrari it would be because they think that he can be champion, not because of a sponsor."

Occasional Ferrari test driver Marc Gene says his countryman Alonso would be welcomed by the Maranello-based team. But following the company line he told the Spanish newspaper 20 Minutos: "The press keeps on saying it, but if you ask me I say Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa are great drivers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

:D Good

Kimi & Felipe have contracts till end of 2010, which is good, I like them both :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Kimi needs to get the finger out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭vectra

homer90 wrote: »
    Kimi needs to get the finger out :rolleyes:

Kimi has points and won a wc for ferrari
    .Massa has no points and never a wc
    Why is it kimi would want to get the finger out?

Kimi dragged that wheelbarrow up the grid last Sunday the get points while Massa almost took him out on the first corner and ended up at the back of the pack the whole way through the race.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

As Eddie Jordan said last weekend. Whatever Bernie strongly denies will happen. So if he's denying that Alonso will move than you can bet he will:D

Advertisement