Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bolivia - Rurrenabaque - jungle/pampas tours

• 29-04-2009 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

hey all,

I’m heading off to Bolivia in a months time and as part of the trip I’m going to the Rurrenabaque area…
    Has anyone done any off the jungle or pampas tours from here?.... Am I better off staying in Rurrenabaque and booking day tours from there or going to one of the eco lodges and touring from there.. The eco lodges are expensive enough…. Has anyone ever been to one out there?

Any info appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭HankScorpio1985

hey
    i did a jungle tour during the summer. we booked the guide(cant remember the tour group but its in the lonely planet) on the internet before we left. they picked us up from the airport and looked after our big rucksacks while we went on the tour. it was very enjoyable and we stayed in some lodge just on the river. getting there is the hardest bit. the bus is apparently torture and flights seem to be always delayed or cancelled especially if its raining so be prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

alright folks.

I'm thinkin of doin this Rurrenabaque tour myself when i head to la paz next week.

Does anyone have a vague cost of the tour (flights, accom..etc) and maybe a good tour operator? We'll be booking it when we arrive there.

Any other info on the tour would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Swim in front of the alligators. It will be the best thing you ever do.

Anyone who has been willl understand what I'm talking about.

Most alive I have ever felt in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

kraggy wrote: »
    Swim in front of the alligators. It will be the best thing you ever do.

Anyone who has been willl understand what I'm talking about.

Most alive I have ever felt in my life.

sounds nuts...i'll look into it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 fintonagirl

We did a tour of pampas about 2 yrs ago when i was living in bolivia. most of the tours run out of rurrenebaque seemed to be similar it was around june time, i think it wasn't too expensive somewhere between 75 - 150 dollars including the accomodation and flights, think we were away two nights. we ended up doing horse riding while there, everyone else in our group had paid for it, we hadn't but they just let us on ahead. spent the whole time crapping myself cos we were supposedly looking for an anaconda.. don't know what a horses reaction to seeing one of those would be :) luckily we didn't find out. had a great time.. great guide, group, animal life... we got the plane wasn't gonna get the bus.

was really fun cos two of our friends had done it before and we chose our tour operator on basis that they were now using a photo of my friends on all their flyers.. saw a massive poster with a photo of the girls on it

we just booked our trip from la paz, but equally could go to rurrenebaque and shop around whilst there

if you go to cochabama, look out for irish/ deadly bar na cunna, ask for emma or fiona and tell them aine sent you :)

actually just went on myself and looked at thorntree website, might be worth a browse a few threads there. the name dolphin tours rings a bell with me, but i'd be afraid to recommend them in case they didn't deliver :) just remembered one thing i didn't enjoy, although we had more than enough food few of lads insisted on buying a piglet to slaughter and cook. it was terrible, the squeals of it and its mother as they tried to catch it... we weren't impressed, i'm no vegetarian but thought it was just cruel.. there was no need and it definitely wouldn't have been a clean kill :(

sorry that not necessarily most helpful post but i don't think there will be massive difference amongst the normal tours, don't knopw anything about the eco lodges. maybe have a look at the lonely planet site..

• Advertisement
Advertisement