Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would happen if...???

Options
  • 29-04-2009 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

I'm hearing a lot of shouting and roaring on the radio here coming from Enda Kenny & Eamon Gilmore about how the government is failing to deal with the economic disaster they have gotten us into. I'm wondering if all our opposition TD's decide to basically boycott the Dail until there is a general election, what would happen there do'ya think???

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Probably wouldnt be the smartest move - I dont think its up to the opposition to decide if the public wants a general election or not. Plus, they use the vote of no confidence for that type of thing.

In the unlikely event it did happen, I am not sure if it would have any effect at all or would they just be told to shut up so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Sully wrote: »
    Probably wouldnt be the smartest move - I dont think its up to the opposition to decide if the public wants a general election or not. Plus, they use the vote of no confidence for that type of thing.

In the unlikely event it did happen, I am not sure if it would have any effect at all or would they just be told to shut up so to speak.

But you could argue with the government currently enjoying a popularity rate of I think around 10% now, that they would be kind of "faciliating" the mood of the people at the minute if they were to do so...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Darragh29 wrote: »
    But you could argue with the government currently enjoying a popularity rate of I think around 10% now, that they would be kind of "faciliating" the mood of the people at the minute if they were to do so...

At the same time, I think polls suggested a lot of people didnt want a general election.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Darragh29 wrote: »

I wonder..... If you started counting very carefully and took account of each friend, relative and family member of both Fianna Fail and The Green Party..... would you arrive at that 10% and then the statistic might make some sense :D

- I bet there's still about .01% made up solely of Junior Ministers doing "really important, things...and stuff"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭LoveDucati2

I am really looking forward to anarchy.

We can start a list of the people who brought the country to its knees and deal with them accordingly.

First against the wall

Bertie the crook, liar, thief,

Fingers

CEO's of all the banks

Most of the government, FAS quangoes etc

Seize all their collective assets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I am really looking forward to anarchy.

We can start a list of the people who brought the country to its knees and deal with them accordingly.

First against the wall

Bertie the crook, liar, thief,

Fingers

CEO's of all the banks

Most of the government, FAS quangoes etc

Seize all their collective assets.

I wish I lived in a different country where real and meaningful protest was tolerated. In this country, if you fired up about anything at all you are seen as being odd, and the same people who will be telling you to shut up will be moaning about the issue but will not do anything about it. It's so frustrating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭conlonbmw

Thats always been the problem in Ireland. People sit around moaning about how bad things are but sitting on their arses.

We should have burned the Church out of this place years ago when we 1st realised they were f*cking our kids. Same with corrupt police and politicians. Same with corrupt lawyers bankers and Accountants.

Its getting to the stage where I want these f*ckers to be punished.

I would like a list of all the above that have wasted tax payers cash (Cullen), faked expenses, or accepted bribes over the last 15 years. Then we can decide a way for the public to punish them.

We need 8 martyrs, one for each FF TD to cause an election

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

conlonbmw wrote: »
    Thats always been the problem in Ireland. People sit around moaning about how bad things are but sitting on their arses.

Thats a terrible thing to say!! Why if i wasnt sitting here so comfortably....

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

conlonbmw wrote: »

We should have burned the Church out of this place years ago when we 1st realised they were f*cking our kids. Same with corrupt police and politicians. Same with corrupt lawyers bankers and Accountants.

Its getting to the stage where I want these f*ckers to be punished.

I would like a list of all the above that have wasted tax payers cash (Cullen), faked expenses, or accepted bribes over the last 15 years. Then we can decide a way for the public to punish them.

We need 8 martyrs, one for each FF TD to cause an election

Their punishment should fit their individual sins.
    Cullen should be made to eat each of the e-voting machines.
    Cowen should be beaten around the dail with each of his criminal budgets.
    Lenihen should be put back in his gimp box in the basement of the dept. of finance and a proper lock should be put on it.

To hell with it, the entire cabinet should go to the wall, if for no other reason than that sickening smugness that they all have.
    You just have to look at Noel Dempsey to see what i mean.

Advertisement