Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What studio monitor ??

• 29-04-2009 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭

Im looking to buy a set of studio monitors just to use at home with the decks. What would you recommend for about 300 euro?

I saw the M-Audio Bx5a for 250euro, does anybody use these or know anything about them.

Thanks,
    Pete

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I have the BX5 Studiophiles.

Slightly lacking in the Bass department and AFAIK they're supposed to be used with Sub, but overall a great Monitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Heard from a former supplier that M-Audio were sending them speakers when they knew some had faulty drivers.

Go with KRKs Rockits or Alesis M1's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Have the krk rockit powered 6's myself.
    Cant recommend them enough, crystal clear.
    Although they're a bit light on the bass.
    Thats why I got the Krk 10s bass bin.

My neighbours love me!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Get the cheapest second hand pair you can. Any old pair of M-Audio's are fine.

The difference in price is almost completely to do with the type and size of the tweeters used and, more importantly, how flat the frequency response is. This is of huge importance when producing and mixing/mastering but of little importance when DJ'ing. If anything it may make your music sound thinner and less palatable. For just DJ'ing at home a reasonable Hi-Fi or bargain basement monitors will be fine. If you are committed to getting a mid-range set, there's a few pairs of KRK Rockits on adverts at the moment for under 300.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭just pete

Thanks for all the replys.
    I want them for mixing, need to get it nailed ;).I tried using the hifi but it just wasnt as good as I would like.Im not sure if I would buy second hand monitors, I would rather buy new ones and look after them,knowing my luck the second hand ones would give up on me :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement