Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Phone

Options
  • 29-04-2009 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I bought a phone from a particular operator.
    It stoppped working after 32 days. I brought it back to shop with proof of purchase and asked for my money back or an exchange.

I was told that they only exchange or refund if the phone is brought back within 30 days.

I though this was extremly scabby considering I've been with this operator for 10 years.

I asked for a load phone while mine was being fixed. Was told the shop didn't have one but I could call around their other shops to see if they had one.

I had already spent most of my lunchbreak to get this far and don't see why I should be the one to have to walk around town just because they don't manage their logistics appropriately.

I am livid about this. Is there anything I can do?

Do I have any rights at all? In my opinion, they sold me a fault phone and should get an immediate exchange or my money back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You are not entitled to an exchange, simple as that. You are entitled to a repair, a replacement or a refund, at the discretion of the seller. They have opted for a repair. If the repair does not fix the problem, you are within your rights to demand a refund or replacement. You are also not entitled to a loan of a phone. There's no law to say you are. It's purely customer service, and it's not the fault of the store that they don't have any left. Like most things in life, their supply of phones are finite, and if they are all out, they are all out, and they can't just create one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

While Chrislad is right if you have been with the operator for 10 years I would ring customer service and threaten to close your account. They always give you something like half price rental for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Tim just a quick one, if the shop had a loan phone in store would you be willing to pay for the rental + deposit or would you expect it for free?

Different stores have different policys, just wondering what would you think is fair?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Tim just a quick one, if the shop had a loan phone in store would you be willing to pay for the rental + deposit or would you expect it for free?

Different stores have different policys, just wondering what would you think is fair?

Deposit no problem. Otherwise why would I bring the rental phone back.

This has annoyed the cr*p. A relation has died this week and I'll more than likely have important phonecalls being missed.

Advertisement