Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight ticket

• 29-04-2009 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

Looking for a cheap return ticket to Dallas around last week for June for around 8 days.

Checked on the KLM site. At the end of may its showing around €450 but it jumps to around €750 for June end :(

Any one any idea?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Try other sites
    Orbitz.com is showing DUB-LHR-DFW with BA 22/06-01/07 for €420

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Thanks for the quick reply. I will have a look.

Orbitz.com - is this site reliable. Its showing cheaper prices for the BA flights for whats on their site.

Yes Orbitz are reliable, they are used by millions and are cheaper because they are a consolidator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

I use orbitz for price comparison and booking and can vouch for it.

I lived in Dallas and the best flight to take there from the Uk and Ireland is with BA.

Check the prices from london direct - because you can possible pick up a flight from here to London for little or nothing, then if you pay in £ you will save even more.

• Advertisement

Theres a United airlines flight out of London via Charlotte with travelocity, there's a few hours stopover on the outbound leg but the total cost of the flight is only €303 compared to €650 that BA are seeking, you'd only have to get a flight to London which will cost very little booking now. Thats flying out June 22nd and returning July 1st

www.travelocity.co.uk

snubbleste and Famous45

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate your advice. Looking to find the best bargain. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Hi ,there is a guy on adverts selling KLM vouchers worth 600 for 500 euro ,might be worth a look ,its in general sale part.Hes willing to do a deal

shardylan wrote: »
    Hi ,there is a guy on adverts selling KLM vouchers worth 600 for 500 euro ,might be worth a look ,its in general sale part.Hes willing to do a deal

Might have a look, thanks for the heads up.

BA flights seems to be cheaper.

• Advertisement

Well let us know when you've booked it and if it was a bargain..

Famous45 wrote: »
    Theres a United airlines flight out of London via Charlotte with travelocity, there's a few hours stopover on the outbound leg but the total cost of the flight is only €303 compared to €650 that BA are seeking, you'd only have to get a flight to London which will cost very little booking now. Thats flying out June 22nd and returning July 1st

www.travelocity.co.uk

Cant seem to find this one? What am I doing wrong? Can you please help? :(

Cant seem to find this one? What am I doing wrong? Can you please help?

Still there for me, just enter London and DFW, I tried 22 June returning 1st July and price is the same.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Well let us know when you've booked it and if it was a bargain..

Sorry about coming late on this.

Booked the ticket from Orbitz, going on 25th June and returning back on 2nd July for €435. It's a BA flight with one stop to London Heathrow.

Thanks again for the great tip about Orbitz :D

FYI: I checked the travel agents as well and they quoted €603 for the same flight. Did not find it cheaper anywhere else.

Advertisement