Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

faulty BUSH LCD 32 inch

Options
  • 29-04-2009 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Looking for some help with faulty Bush LCD 32 TV 028HD boughts just over year ago . Sound but no picure And no receipt but as over year ago no wannenty anyway! I guess. I am looking for customer service for Bush - can't find it anywhere on web - any assistance appreciated. Ta.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Bring it into your nearest TV service place.

Bush is just a name owned and used by HRG (Argos/Homebase). I don't know if they'll offer to fix it for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Retail_Group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chris4321

aleoga wrote: »
    Looking for some help with faulty Bush LCD 32 TV 028HD boughts just over year ago . Sound but no picure And no receipt but as over year ago no wannenty anyway! I guess. I am looking for customer service for Bush - can't find it anywhere on web - any assistance appreciated. Ta.
    Hi, I am having a similar problem and found that we are not alone.
    I have a Bush LCD37TV016HD nearly 24 months old (out of warranty).
    My fault is identical to other customers with the same model TV, sound no picture. You need this address
    grundig-accessories@twelectronics.co.uk
    PS. I don`t think Bush are owned by Argos at all.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 aleoga

thanks - actually I read consumerconnect.ie and there is an excellent FAQ which helped me (product 13 months old where do I stand) and basically under the Sale of Goods Act if the product should have lasted more than a year the 12 month "guarentee" doesn't matter. I took the tv back to Tesco - they still have it and said they would contact me. I will let you know I get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dace69

How did you get on with Tesco? My sister has had the same problem but is also having trouble with Tesco as the Service Guy won't collect the TV until Tesco contact him & she's a week trying to get them to contact him. Just wondering if you got any satisfaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 aleoga

I got on fine with Tesco - although I had to do back to them a few times. I had bought the tv during an offer (paid €600 and get 50 per cent back in Tesco vouchers) so had essentially paid half price for it and after a few weeks when the manager was getting no joy from Bush (whoever they are) he agreed to give me a refund for the amount I essentially paid i.e. €300. I was pleased and actually haven't bought replacement yet as I am thinking of going up North or waiting to see what offers are available here in next few weeks. I felt that quoting the NCA's website did the trick for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dace69

Aleoga,

Thanks for the reply. Glad you got sorted. I'll tell her to keep onto Tesco, so. No harm quoting the NCA, alright. Great value up North, alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GarrettC

aleoga:
    Thanks for posting this thread......The same thing happened to my Bush 32 inch LCD 028HD a couple of days ago.....I've had it 14 months the people I was talking to in tesco seemed pretty sure that they only offer a 12 month guarantee...and it was my problem not theirs....i didn't think i've have any chance of getting anything out of them until i saw your post....so fingers crossed.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 corkmick

just after coming across this thread.my tv has the exact same problem .bought the tv april 08,went back to tescos last week-they would not entertain any refund or repair.Is there any other suggestions out there

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭GAMAN

Same issue here my Bush 32 inch LCD 028HD a couple of days ago, I've had it 13 months tesco seemed pretty sure that they only offer a 12 month guarantee.

Any advice?

I have now got mine fixed-the problem was capacitors blown in the power supply. There was 35v caps in power supply and it runs at 30 v approx,changed out all caps for 64v.If you get the power supply replaced,it will more than likely be the same as the one already inside and the same thing could happen again.Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 decelec

Hi i have the same fault on my tv ,just took the back off and can not see any blown capacitor ,any ideas which one ?

if you have a multimeter check each capacitor for continuity, if it fails,this means its
    a short circuit.If you find any blown ,you might as well change them all out from the power supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 decelec

Thanks corkmick will have a look at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

How old is the tv and where did you buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Have a similar problem with my Philips 32" from time to time. It comes back but sometimes takes a while, pretty annoying.

Advertisement