Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freesheet newspaper in Carlow

• 29-04-2009 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Hi - does anyone know if there is still a freesheet newspaper in Carlow? I rang about putting an ad in Carlow First to discover the Advertiser group have closed it since January. I'd nearly swear I picked up a freesheet recently though?

Am I going mad or is there another freesheet out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

didnt know carlow first was gone?

but nearly sure there isnt a freesheet carlow newpaper after that

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

We used to get a handful delivered to the office each week, then stopped in January I think. Still see the sign for the office on Kennedy st, think the lights are on but no bodies home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

story of your life hugo?
    lights on noone home?

aynon wrote: »
    story of your life hugo?
    lights on noone home?

Ha ha +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

on topic lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

So there is no other freesheet as far as anyone knows?

When the company I work was doing advertising they were only using the Nationalist & Carlow People, if there was any others like free sheets they would definitely have used it as well. So think there's none

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

No freesheets, but Carlow people has an audited circulation of 4800 and seems to be more carlow town based.

The nationalist claim to sell 12,000 but can't give any audited figures and is more widely distributed in the county.

So if its something for townies, advertise in the people and if for the welly brigade its the nationalist.

Advertisement