Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamping show me the money.

Options
  • 29-04-2009 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I got clamped yesterday parked on the grass one wheel anyway :mad:. A little p*ssed off to be honest but thats life, Does anybody know where the money goes and how much the college makes from this. In my apartment block the clampers keep all the fee as they dont do a lot of buisness. They could make a lot of money in here and UCD must get a kick back
    if not why not.

I cant see anything on the UCD web site about it. I was told the Dublin team cars where clamped a while ago and that alone made €1200.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

NCPS (a private company) enforce parking on campus along with services. Really wouldnt know what way the money works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 killbot

Yeah the guys from NCPS were ok in fairness to them. I suppose UCD must have advertised for the service I never thought of cash before. There was talk of paid parking a few years back but I think the staff kicked up about that. Now I think of it we do have some paid car parks, who gets that cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I'd guess (and it is a guess) that a tender was put out for it. I suppose UCD is fairly profitable so the clampers pay them some fixed rate to be allowed to clamp but I wouldn't imagine it's much in the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

killbot wrote: »
    Yeah the guys from NCPS were ok in fairness to them. I suppose UCD must have advertised for the service I never thought of cash before. There was talk of paid parking a few years back but I think the staff kicked up about that. Now I think of it we do have some paid car parks, who gets that cash?

I would say UCD get the money from that. You can buy an annual car parking disc to allow you to park in them all year or you can pay as you go

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I think they pay a fixed fee for car park management to NCPS, not sure if they make anything back at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 killbot

No way that cant be right. We pay them a fee to come in and collect the cash from clamping and take the money from the parking machines. Between them both it must be worth €200000 a year. Id like to see the tender for that must have been a rush to the gates. How long is that contract? Ill buy myself a van and 100 clamps and be ready to go for when its up.

Advertisement