Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late bars?

Options
  • 29-04-2009 4:16pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    Im heading to galway for the weekend with two friends,Just wondering if someone could recommend a good late bar in the city?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Massimos...
    Roisin Dubh...
    Living Room...
    Front Door...

and a few more so you should be grand.

I would recommend the Front Door anyway. Thats where I almost always go myself. Expect it to be busy though especially this weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any live bands in any of them this weekend?firday,saturday nite?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Depends on what your taste is.
    Younger shirt and t-shirt brigade
    - Front Door
    - Busker Brownes
    - Living Room

Laid back Hippy sorts
    - Roisin Dubh
    - Massimos

Good night guaranteed in any of them:p

roisin dubh have a website. loads of live stuff on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

roisin dubh have a website. loads of live stuff on.

Thanks I'll give that a look.

you can go to galwayadvertiser.ie and look through the paper and you will see all the gigs on around the city this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

You're a Rock/Metal fan so if you're interested, Jaded Sun are playing in Sally Longs this Friday. Of course, if you're in Galway to go chasing tail then follow redsteveireland's recommendations :).

malice_ wrote: »
    You're a Rock/Metal fan so if you're interested, Jaded Sun are playing in Sally Longs this Friday. Of course, if you're in Galway to go chasing tail then follow redsteveireland's recommendations :).

cool will try and check that out,Ill try and drag my friends along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Depends on what your taste is.
    Younger shirt and t-shirt brigade
    - Front Door
    - Busker Brownes
    - Living Room

Laid back Hippy sorts
    - Roisin Dubh
    - Massimos

Good night guaranteed in any of them:p

I agree except for the living room! the living room sucks! most overrated pub in Galway! it just sucks! All other 4 bars are great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

The Living Room is an awful place, dont go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I agree except for the living room! the living room sucks! most overrated pub in Galway!
    I think the Living Room is fine for watching football matches. Once the match is over though I get the hell out!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭muskyj

I agree except for the living room! the living room sucks! most overrated pub in Galway! it just sucks! All other 4 bars are great!

I have to laugh every time i see a big queu waiting to get into that kip!

malice_ wrote: »
    I think the Living Room is fine for watching football matches. Once the match is over though I get the hell out!

Yes! This is true! It's fine for the football during the day, or even the evening mid-week games, but late night at weekends, it SUCKS!

They do a decent bangers & mash for like 7 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Just to be comprehensive, although they may not fit your tastes, there's also
    Bar 903 - late 7 nights, small dance floor, mostly dance stuff from a DJ but some nights there is a band.
    Cellar Bar - late bar at weekends, some nights have a cover charge, varies between DJs and live bands
    Coyotes - Theme bar
    Kings Head - usually has live music

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I don't like Massimo. Its always far far too packed on saturday nights. Not worth it IMO. Not a huge fan of any of them really, maybe I'm just jaded from the same thing for too long ;) I'd also add that Bar No 8 on the Dock road is also open late at weekends, not to everyone's taste but I think the place is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

roisin dubh

late bar and a very good large smoking area if that be your needs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Avoid the Roisin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

the Dail opens late aswell i think?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I was in the King's Head last Friday and they shut up shop at 12:30.

The extensions run €300-400 a night now so it might have been an economic reason.

• Advertisement

steve 0 wrote: »
    Just to be comprehensive, although they may not fit your tastes, there's also
    Bar 903 - late 7 nights, small dance floor, mostly dance stuff from a DJ but some nights there is a band.
    Cellar Bar - late bar at weekends, some nights have a cover charge, varies between DJs and live bands
    Coyotes - Theme bar
    Kings Head - usually has live music

Coyotes - A dirty, dirty bar! Literally! I was there once and one room you could not even enter with the smell of puke! That particlular room was full however, possibly due to the sticky floor and noone who entered could leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Coyotes - A dirty, dirty bar! Literally! I was there once and one room you could not even enter with the smell of puke! That particlular room was full however, possibly due to the sticky floor and noone who entered could leave.

Wouldn't of been the night of the Beach Party was it?

Advertisement