Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions on this Seat Cordoba...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

That 1.2 is a 3 cylinder engine, which may be pretty noisy at high speed. Haven't any experience with them myself though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

That 1.2 is a 3 cylinder engine, which may be pretty noisy at high speed. Haven't any experience with them myself though

Good point, and isn't 1.2 a bit low for the size of the car??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Ush1 wrote: »
    Good point, and isn't 1.2 a bit low for the size of the car??

Yeah its way underpowered for the size of car! Get an Ibiza instead same car just a hatchback!

I have a 1.2 3pot Ibiza and it will top a ton no problem & Do 80 all day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Drove that engine in a Polo once, buzzy but well able for it, was very surprised. Not sure how it will fare in the Cordoba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Cordoba is rotten looking at the back (has a huuge boot though)

That Ibiza looks nice, try and verify the mileage by checking service history, no mention of NCT, it's due this year. Don't pay for the car till after the NCT is done.

colm_mcm wrote: »

That Ibiza looks nice, try and verify the mileage by checking service history, no mention of NCT, it's due this year. Don't pay for the car till after the NCT is done.

Well there's a sticker on the windscreen saying nct'd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ush1 wrote: »
    Well there's a sticker on the windscreen saying nct'd.

Not the same thing though. what I'm saying is make sure it's actually been done as opposed to being promised that it will be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

If you are going to buy this car I highly recommend the sports coupe model. It has more than enough poke as its a 1.6ltr. I dont see any on carzone currently unfortunately. I had one for about a year great car. Wouldnt mind another one actually. Oh yeah the boot has enough room in it to fit a few dead bodies as well which I suppose could be handy. I used to use it for putting big guitar amps into... eh not dead bodies.. .. .. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭vectra

colm_mcm wrote: »

Cordoba is a grand car
    I know
    I have one
    1.4 TDi Sport
    Cheap to run
    Fun to drive
    comfy enough for the size of it
    oh
    and a HUGE boot to put all sorts in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

The boot is pretty big aaright. I know someone who as the 1.4 TDI also and its a great engine but the seats are not he most comfortable. What about the VW polo? I know that was his other choice

Advertisement