Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global Warming, Desertification, Deforestation

Options
  • 29-04-2009 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Geography notes from Ashfield Colleges cram course over the Easter, my mate done it and well I got the Global Interdependence notes off him and typed them out adding some stuff to them, since global warming, desertification and deforestation nearly always come up, I'll post these notes for you guys. Enjoy.

*I except Paypal, cheque, or any other means of receiving money*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Thanks for that!

By the way, does anyone have a sample answer on Brown Soil Characteristics?
    I wrote the notes our teacher gave, basically word-for-word and only got just over half marks in that section in the mocks!

Also, anyone have an A1 answer on an MNC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Thanks for that Gavin! I'm hoping clicking the thanks button will suffice, along with this heart which shows my utmost appreciation:
    <3
    blue-army wrote: »
    Thanks for that!

By the way, does anyone have a sample answer on Brown Soil Characteristics?
    I wrote the notes our teacher gave, basically word-for-word and only got just over half marks in that section in the mocks!

Also, anyone have an A1 answer on an MNC?

Wow, it sounds like you have THE WORLD'S WORST GEOGRAPHY TEACHER!!! :P
    Aye though, I have both.
    (I'll give them to you on Friday :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

bythewoods wrote: »
    Wow, it sounds like you have THE WORLD'S WORST GEOGRAPHY TEACHER!!! :P
    No, I do. :(

Thanks Gavin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    No, I do. :(

Thanks Gavin.

No, I'm afraid you LOSE. blue-army's is definitely, definitely worse than any other geography teacher, ever. He sounds like an incompetent FOOL, like the kind of detestable eejit of a man who should be forced to leave teaching forever.
    Total cnut :P

Anyway, yes, I wrote out all my own notes and luckily had a good teacher for Geography in my old school- but any notes are much appreciated as, well, to put it nicely, my current Geography is not very good.

If others want to be as nice as Gavin and stick a few up, I will love them forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

bythewoods wrote: »
    No, I'm afraid you LOSE. blue-army's is definitely, definitely worse than any other geography teacher, ever. He sounds like an incompetent FOOL, like the kind of detestable eejit of a man who should be forced to leave teaching forever.
    Total cnut :P
    Seriously, the only way that's sounds different to mine is that she's female.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

No bother ladies and gents, hope they help, now lets just hope they come up (don't think there's been a year since the revised course has come in since they haven't so we should be sorted).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

How were you guys told to layout your answer for that question?

My teacher was out for a while and we had a sub that said theres a specific layout with 'Aspect 1: blah blah..' 'Aspect 2:...' you have to write it in it was never properly explained to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Bravo Gav. Bravo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

Mr.S wrote: »
    Theres no layout for the question, its basically just a essay. But its better to talk about 3 or 4 different things within the answer, then to focus on 1 aspect.

Basically just learn Global Warming, Desertification & Deforestation, one of them has always come up on the paper since the new exam came in so its a pritty deffinate question.

So by that do you mean you should talk about say 1/ causes of global warming 2/effects of global warming and solutions then 3/causes of deforestation 4/ effects of deforestation..

also when they say talk about them in a "global context" does that mean its ok if youre writing about deforestation to only refer to the amazon? everything the book mentions about deforestation is related to the amazong

Advertisement