Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

site on the waterside

• 29-04-2009 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

lads whats with the site on the waterside?ya know the one at the back of the wander inn,how come nobody ever developed on it?it seems a prime spot for development,any1 know the reason why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Its the old gasworks, basically the site is heavily polluted and last I heard was being cleaned up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

ye was thinking that but is being empty since i was a child ,thought it would have been cleaned up etc by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

It was cleaned up. They spent ages doing it. Nothings happened since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

well it could be turned into a shopping center, but due to economic conditions not happening, that and our lovely city planners "foward" thinking

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

magick wrote: »
    well it could be turned into a shopping center, but due to economic conditions not happening, that and our lovely city planners "foward" thinking

Sure wasn';t it being cleaned up until perhaps 16 months ago....had to be cleaned first so little anyone could do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I seem to vaguely recall some development being proposed for the site just prior to it being cleaned up. I don't know if it ever even got as far as the council planning stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

I think it's part of the failed decentralization plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I met my love there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Its the old gasworks, basically the site is heavily polluted and last I heard was being cleaned up...
    Cleaning that up years now.

Advertisement