Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Mobile Internet Questions re Three and Vodafone

• 29-04-2009 5:46pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭

I have two questions:

1. When roaming on 3LikeHome (eg the UK) does the 1gb mobile broadband addon continue to work - i.e. if I go to London, roam on 3 will my data traffic be covered be covered by my 9.99 add-on (PAYG) ?

2. I recently got an Xperia X1 - SIM free etc. It works fine with Three but when using on Vodafone PAYG it will not work with (connects but doesn't pass traffic) live.vodafone.com (the 99c a daya jobbie) for love nor money. It will only connect to isp.vodafone.ie (the 2c a Kb jobbie). My N95 happily used the live apn.

The settings are as per the sticky (the same as were automatically configured, using server assigned IP and DNS). I've tried it with and without the proxy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

parsi wrote: »
    I have two questions:

1. When roaming on 3LikeHome (eg the UK) does the 1gb mobile broadband addon continue to work - i.e. if I go to London, roam on 3 will my data traffic be covered be covered by my 9.99 add-on (PAYG) ?

2. I recently got an Xperia X1 - SIM free etc. It works fine with Three but when using on Vodafone PAYG it will not work with (connects but doesn't pass traffic) live.vodafone.com (the 99c a daya jobbie) for love nor money. It will only connect to isp.vodafone.ie (the 2c a Kb jobbie). My N95 happily used the live apn.

The settings are as per the sticky (the same as were automatically configured, using server assigned IP and DNS). I've tried it with and without the proxy.

You add on will work as it does over here. With regards to the vodafone question im not sure but im sure you will get the answer your looking for here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If roaming on 3 in the UK then your data does carry over. TMobile is their backup network over there though and I have sometimes been charged for using data via them, and sometimes not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭niallb

I'd suggest locking your phone to the Three network manually when in the UK.
    Depending on where you are, coverage varies, but it'll get expensive for data
    if you stray onto T-Mobile.
    I was well pleased with being able to use data on my 3 phone in Cornwall last year.
    A week's data addon was the same price as using your own laptop on a local hotspot
    for an hour!

Can anyone confirm this is true for Italy etc? How about Australia or Hong Kong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

3likehome_paymonthly-02.gif

3 Like Home - 3Pay & Best of Both
    3likehome_3pay.gif

How to select a network.

Nokia

* From the main menu select Settings
    * Scroll & select Phone Settings
    * Scroll & select Network
    * Under operator Selection select “Manual”

Sony Ericsson

* From the main menu select Settings
    * Select “Connectivity”
    * Select Mobile networks
    * Scroll & select “Select Network”

Motorola

* From the main menu scroll & select “Network Selection”
    * Scroll & select “Available Networks”

LG

* From the main menu
    * Select “Settings”
    * Select “Network
    * Select Network selection
    * Select “Manual”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

3like home on 3pay only works on 3 networks in Europe, bill pay will work on all 3 networks except indonesia

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

thanks folks.

Advertisement