Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Service & 1 year AA membership €149

• 29-04-2009 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi

Read in the papers today Bill Cullen Renault Dealerships (Airside and Liffey Valley) are offering a car service - any make - and one year's AA membership (including homestart and rescue plus) for €149.

It seems good value, as the AA membership alone costs €257 from their website, but has anyone any experience with these guys? BTW the car to be serviced has to be 2.0 litres or less and is at least 4 years old, any make.

Any input welcome

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

at least 4 years old
    is it not up to 4 years old?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

uve seen aa doing deals for 50 euro (not sure which package)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

slave1 wrote: »
    is it not up to 4 years old?

I rechecked the advert and it says '4 years or older'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sorry to go slighty off topic, but do people still join the AA?

Don't most peoples insurance now off Breakdown Cover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭zoey48

Stangely enough I found one car insurance company that does not cover breakdown, what's there name again, oh Yes I remember now it's the AA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

zoey48 wrote: »
    Stangely enough I found one car insurance company that does not cover breakdown, what's there name again, oh Yes I remember now it's the AA

Brilliant!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭granturismo

zoey48 wrote: »

The AA is an insurance broker, so I guess they were trying to get the breakdown business.

For the past two years I've found that by joining the AA, they got me a quote for insurance and also taking the AA premium into account - worked out cheaper than any other insurance company I rang.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Soarer wrote: »
    Sorry to go slighty off topic, but do people still join the AA?

Don't most peoples insurance now off Breakdown Cover?

I cancelled my AA this year as my insurance company offered breakdown assist. When I needed to use them, I found that the area they will tow you to is limited to the local area only - handy if you breakdown near your local garage. They tried to charge extra when I wanted them to tow it to my garage accross town.

My experience with AA on the other hand - few years back I broke down in Dublin and got them to tow it to a garage in Dundalk as its a friend and labour rates are half. No questions asked!

I'm considering if I will allow myself to be sucked into the AA again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I was with AA a few years ago before I had breakdown covered with my insurance. Found them to excellent. Very friendly and knew their stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

anyone aware of any other good deals for services?
    this one isnt good for me as the car is 1 year old only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭chalky024

If your car is only 1 year old you should probably get a main dealer to service it. Not doing so might invalidate any warranty you have on it. Its also worth that little bit extra to get the owners manual stamped by the dealer when serviced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

j4vier wrote: »
    anyone aware of any other good deals for services?
    this one isnt good for me as the car is 1 year old only
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055534466 20% off for Boards members, afair, so €160 for a full service and valet. They will stamp service book, but as other poster says, you might want to weigh up the pros and cons of that whole issue.... Should not affect your warranty as long as recommended parts are used.

Not your ornery onager

the car in question is an opel corsa, i read somewhere around here that the dealer's stamp only makes a difference with high value cars??is that right
    the dealer where i bought the car ( white bishop) closed anyway

so do you recommend goin to another opel dealer? any idea of how much they d charge there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

PM your questions to lucifer - he's an Opel mechanic and a helpful guy.

Not your ornery onager

just did
    thanks esel!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭dub0605

666bxg wrote: »
    Hi

Read in the papers today Bill Cullen Renault Dealerships (Airside and Liffey Valley) are offering a car service - any make - and one year's AA membership (including homestart and rescue plus) for €149.

It seems good value, as the AA membership alone costs €257 from their website, but has anyone any experience with these guys? BTW the car to be serviced has to be 2.0 litres or less and is at least 4 years old, any make.

Any input welcome

cheers

I rang about this deal, its a mini service so its just an oil change and something else (cant remember what!!!) and a 25 point safety check!!!! not worth it if you ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

dub0605 wrote: »
    I rang about this deal, its a mini service so its just an oil change and something else (cant remember what!!!) and a 25 point safety check!!!! not worth it if you ask me

I'm not really technically minded, and am driving an 8 year old car that has constantly surprised me with its ability to malfunction in unusual ways, usually in bizarre locations.
    Not currently being in the AA, and being due an oil change, it looks like it could be worth it to me.

Advertisement