Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong Microchip Number

• 29-04-2009 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭

Just brought my dog in for a check up and it turns out the breeder gave me the wrong microchip number for my dog. That means the wrong number is on the papers.

It also means someone else has a dog with my dog's number somewhere (the breeder had two pups left when I bought mine). Will it be much hassle to get things changed if I contact the IKC?

The vet gave me the number of the microchip that is actually in my dog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chinosaurus

hi,
    i see this thread is old an no replies, just wondering how you worked this out.
    i just discovered the same issue with my dog :(
    would be great to get some feedback
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

Hi Chino,

What organization is your chip with? You can go to the vets, get them to scan it, get the number that is returned and contact them, they can change it, and they will also get in contact with the owner of the other dog to change it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Please don't resurrect 5 year old threads.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement