Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French tips

Options
  • 29-04-2009 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,
    what are you all learning for the french 90 and 70 word pieces? What comes up seems so random. Did the Institute tip anything?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

The institute isn't the be all and end all, except for physics

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

The institute isn't the be all and end all, except for physics
    What did they predict for physics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

America and it's politics, the recession (ew) and after that it's pretty much random.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

You could probably learn off about 20-30 generic "Journal Intime" words and phrases, as they seem to be fairly regular features now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ChickenScratch

The Journal Intime should be grand - just know lotsa idioms.

Question 1's are a nightmare, there's just nothing you can do.

As for reaction pieces, AMERICA AND IT'S POLITICS? Seriously guys, what the fudge?

Uh... J'aime Barack Obama. Il est un tres joli homme.

:D

If anyone's got any useful vocab start swapping, I'll stick some stuff up as soon as I'm able

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

i don't know about the rest of ye, but when we get a written piece for homework and the teacher corrects it she only corrects (numerous, numerous) grammerical mistakes, doesn't make any comment about the actual content. this was lead to severe disillusionment and frustration regarding the french language. i presume the content plays a fairly large part?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ChickenScratch

Aaah.

That, you see, is where they get ya.

You're marked on communication and Language, that's it.

Which means so long as:

a) your language (grammar) is perfect and

b) your point makes sense (which it will if your language and grammar is perfect:P)

You should be fine.

Having said that, it doesn't help if your question one is about 'les emissions realites' and you dont know what the feck that means :P So the more vocab the better, and the more likely you'll do well if competition is tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

Seriously considering dropping to pass.

only thing stopping me is the fact that it really annoys me that i've worked hard this long when i could've been coasting in ordinary all along.

Advertisement