Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PHILIPS FC9222 Bagless Vacuum Cleaner

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

that seems like an unbelievable saving, i need a hoover but have no idea what to look for dont want to spend over 100e anyone got one of these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Price is €99

Davy wrote: »
    Price is €99

is it any good though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

POKERKING wrote: »
    is it any good though?

Im not familiar with it. I was just posting the price, because it isn't in the original post.

http://www.independentelectricalretailer.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/605/The_Industry_s_Best_Performers.html
    BEST FLOORCARE PRODUCT

The booming floorcare market is becoming more focused on special features and functions, in response to particular needs of various customers, such as allergy sufferers, pet owners, single person households, and increasingly also on eco-friendly products. The list of nominations in the best floorcare product category clearly reflected these trends.

The finalists were: BISSELL ProHeat All Rounder, DYSON DC16 handheld cleaner, Electrolux Intensity, Home-tek Light'n'Easy Steam Mop - HT824, LG Compressor, Miele Cat & Dog vacuum cleaner, Panasonic MC-UL672, Panasonic MC-CL675, Philips FC9222 bagless - Marathon and Samsung Silencio.

Winner:

Miele Cat & Dog vacuum cleaner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

Davy wrote: »
    Im not familiar with it. I was just posting the price, because it isn't in the original post.

Sorry - Thought I had....yep €99.00

I'm going to get one tomorrow, as I badly need one. Will let you know how it is.. (probably wont get to use it till the weekend though:P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

bought one today in swords home store and more. havent used it yet

Elliee wrote: »
    bought one today in swords home store and more. havent used it yet

will you let me know how you get on Elliee. It would be great to see if its worth it before I buy.

Thanks

T

Tazzer wrote: »
    will you let me know how you get on Elliee. It would be great to see if its worth it before I buy.

Thanks

T

Fantastic is all I can say! Now I will admit the hoover I had been using is 2 yrs old and your standard 70 euro hoover, there was nothing wrong with it but I always wanted a pricey hoover ;)
    There are triangular brushes on the side which gets into the corners in the kitchen and pulls out crumbs etc.
    Couldnt fault it to be honest.
    If you go up to Swords homestore and more they have one out for you to try. Bring some muck on your shoes or eat a sambo over that mat tho so you can see how well it works.. There just inside the door on your right.

Thanks Elliee.

i'm nearer to the tallaght branch, so now deffo going up tomorrow to get one!

T

hadnt got any in liffey valley yesterday will have a look i the other ones today, il def pick it up if they have it! was there much stock in swords?

• Advertisement

There was approx 20 stacked inside the door of swords branch at 3 o clock yesterday.
    I asked why they were reduced and the guy told me they ordered too many in and they are very bulky (in the boxes) so they needed the space so had to reduce them down to sell them. He said they will be ordering them in again. Not as many and they wont be at the reduced price.

HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Anyone know if they have it in the cork branch?
    Twould be a nice gift for the mammy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Glos

Bill-e wrote: »
    Anyone know if they have it in the cork branch?
    Twould be a nice gift for the mammy ;)

They had a stack of them in Cork this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

I bought a different Philips model than this and have regretted it ever since. At first its great but then you have to start cleaning the filter and that is an absolute pain in the #ss. My advice to anyone buying a philips vacume is to check to see what the filter s is like, how often it needs to be cleaned and if replace how much are they (its a bit like buying a cheap printer when they charge a fortune for ink).

we now have a 3 yearold hoover that is great when cleaned but we can't find who will sell more filters.

Hope this helps

Cionn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 beegee1234

Got one yesterday and I must say it works great for the value of money. Thanks OP!

Cionn wrote: »
    I bought a different Philips model than this and have regretted it ever since. At first its great but then you have to start cleaning the filter and that is an absolute pain in the #ss. My advice to anyone buying a philips vacume is to check to see what the filter s is like, how often it needs to be cleaned and if replace how much are they (its a bit like buying a cheap printer when they charge a fortune for ink).

we now have a 3 yearold hoover that is great when cleaned but we can't find who will sell more filters.

Hope this helps

Cionn

The video on pixmania says that it has an auto filter cleaner that shakes of the the dust back into the tray after you use it, making it like new each time...

I'm going to be replacing a 10 year old philips hoover with this one. So I'm confident in the brand. Plus I have 2 Philips Tvs which work very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Got one in Home Store and More in Mahon earlier, lots of them still there. Haven't tried it yet but it looks good for the money. Thanks OP.

Think Harvey Normans are doing the same one at €99 aswell.

Got one yesterday. works brilliant - and im replacing my dyson...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

harvey norman have the FC9216 for €99 and from what I can see it doesn't have the auto clean technology ??

I just tried it there and it nearly sucked the carpet off the floor, the suction was that good. Excellent buy, thanks again OP. I had hoovered yest with the old one but the amount of filth that the new one sucked up was unreal!!

Think, but I stand to be corrected, that the filter self cleaning thingy, spins around the filter at high speed to remove dust etc. I would recommend emptying out the dust bucket after each use to keep the suction at its max and prolong the life of the filter:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭chalky024

Got one today in Mahon and just tried it out. Really impressed so far. Checked the specs on the competition in Currys before buying and the suction power on this model was superior to any other make they had in stock. Quoted as 2000Watts in and suction power of 400Watts. None of the ultra expensive Dysons came anywhere near. Not needing a bag is also a big bonus. Big Thank You to Tazzer for posting this one. Incidentally Currys are selling this model at €179 clearance price.

Got one 2 days ago in Mahon Point for the mammy. I'm in the good books now :) Replaced an older version of the same hoover from about 10 yrs ago. The difference in power is unreal! And not half as loud as the old machine so I can still sleep in on the weekends...

can anyone confirm do any of the dublin shops on the southside(or blanch) have any of these left?i want to get one but didnt get a chance to get one over weekend and liffey valley didnt have it the other day!

much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

can anyone confirm do any of the dublin shops on the southside(or blanch) have any of these left?i want to get one but didnt get a chance to get one over weekend and liffey valley didnt have it the other day!

much appreciated.

Got mine in swords on sunday and they had prob 15 or them left, dont know if swords is too far.

But yeah great little hoover, I was really fed up of the crappy year old hoover I alreay had. As for the filter clean there is a button on top that you can press after your finished hoovering and it shakes the filter and all the dust falls into the dirt collection bucket yoke.

much appreciated.

got mine in Tallaght on Saturday evening. They had about 20 there too. Give one of the shops a ring, they should tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kuchma2000

Tazzer wrote: »
    got mine in Tallaght on Saturday evening. They had about 20 there too. Give one of the shops a ring, they should tell you.

Got one today in Tallaght as well, around 20 left. Absolutely brilliant. Thanks. (pixmania price €294+15.90 delivery)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I'll pick one up tomorrow.
    Is this vacuum really worth 300 euro though or is that just marketing guff ?
    Thats alot of moola for a vacuum ,most Dysons are less than that.
    How would it compare ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Bought one last week and it's brilliant.

I'll pick one up tomorrow.
    Is this vacuum really worth 300 euro though or is that just marketing guff ?
    Thats alot of moola for a vacuum ,most Dysons are less than that.
    How would it compare ?

I have never used a dyson, but have had many vacuums over the years-all cost around 100-150 and this is far superior to any of them. As I mentioned the suction is just great!:pac: Kids had a great time "trying" to use it...basically they couldn't because they didn't have the strenght against the suction!!:p(yes I am sad:o)

Not sure if its "worth" 300, because I have never spent that on a vacuum but my dad and friend both have a miele which cost around the 300 mark and it doesn't even come near the power of this!

As I said before if you do buy, empty the bucket out after each use, as it will keep the power to the max and prolong the life of the filter. Its a bit of extra hassle but is better in the long run.

• Advertisement

lindtee wrote: »
    I have never used a dyson, but have had many vacuums over the years-all cost around 100-150 and this is far superior to any of them. As I mentioned the suction is just great!:pac: Kids had a great time "trying" to use it...basically they couldn't because they didn't have the strenght against the suction!!:p(yes I am sad:o)

Not sure if its "worth" 300, because I have never spent that on a vacuum but my dad and friend both have a miele which cost around the 300 mark and it doesn't even come near the power of this!

As I said before if you do buy, empty the bucket out after each use, as it will keep the power to the max and prolong the life of the filter. Its a bit of extra hassle but is better in the long run.
    +1
    I did the entire house and forgot to empty it. did notice a drop. Was amazed at the amout it had picked up cause the house is mostly wood floor and the carpets had been done the day b4.

hopefully get to the square today at alst thanks for the replies!

hopefully get to the square today at alst thanks for the replies!

They are not actually in the Square, they are just off the Belgard Road (where B&Q & Burger King are)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Lars-irl

Guys you are mad buying this hoover...Piece of junk. As one of the previous guys said, the filter get's blocked upped constantly and u have to clean it quite regularly. Also after a year the clip connections for changing the head failed to work anymore, which meant we had to keep it on with masking tape. The component for storing the accessories on the handle fell off after a month and wouldn't stay on.

At the time we bought this hoover, we thought we would make an investment and buy a expensive hoover. My parents had a old Philips hoover before and it was pretty good, but all I can say it's the biggest piece of junk I ever bought.

Lets see you guys writing your opinions in a 2-3 months. Everything always look's rosy after a week:)

Btw: This hoover got light usage in my house:)...Would love to see it in action with some1 using it everyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ongarite

Disagree with the above poster. I have an earlier version of the model available in the OP and think its fantastic. Have it over a year without any issues.
    The power and suction is great, i clean the filter after every 5-6 heavy uses, empty dust container after every 2-3 uses and it gives great results every time.
    For a third of the price of a Dyson, you can't go wrong IMO and its far quieter than Dysons also.

i got one, ill let my missus give a review on it in a few weeks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭frash

Just got one today in Swords (Liffey Valley & Tallaght are sold out)
    Blanch don't seem to answer the phone!

They had about 20 - 30 left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 mnolan

Got one in Swords but it's the FC9202 not the FC9222. €99. They had about 6 on the shelves, maybe more out back too. Nice one Tazzer!

http://www.shopwiki.nl/Philips+FC+9202

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

mnolan wrote: »
    Got one in Swords but it's the FC9202 not the FC9222. €99. They had about 6 on the shelves, maybe more out back too. Nice one Tazzer!

I got one in Swords yesterday, definitely FC 9222, they were immediately inside the main entrance, about 20 at that time I'd say. Thanks for the heads up OP my old hoover died on Thursday so a timely bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭frash

mnolan wrote: »

It was deffo a FC922 I got at the end of last week.
    Just inside the door as mentioned above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hazelh

I bought a Dyson Animal last week online (my first online purchase :) ) as my husband and I have pets and the fur is everywhere. We looked at the Philips one mentioned above but thought the Dyson animal was fab, we got it delivered and it's great. I know a lot of people say Dyson is expensive but I think they are well worth it, a small bit louder than other ones but fab all the same. The one had before that was an Electrolux and it was terrible!

• Advertisement

somebody asked me where I bought my dyson there, it was at www.vacuum.ie , a friend of mine sent me this link last week

Does anyone know if there is a place to buy vacuum parts online, preferably Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

hazelh wrote: »
    somebody asked me where I bought my dyson there, it was at www.vacuum.ie , a friend of mine sent me this link last week

Does anyone know if there is a place to buy vacuum parts online, preferably Ireland?

Talk about a blatant plug.
    Dyson machines are grossly overrated and overpriced.

I'm sorry about that, I do know of the people who set the site up and was only trying to help as everybody needs some goodwill at the moment. Apologies I should read forum rules (I am new to this thing). I probably have got them in trouble now so if a moderator wishes to delete please do so.

Advertisement