Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack Lynch

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

longshanks wrote: »
    he's a breakdancing kid who has a tunnel in cork named after him. used to be taoiseach. played a bit of gaelic, wasn't a bad hurler either. not bad going for an eight year old

Why stop there?

He's also part of a large Irish Mafia family. I think they're called the Lynch Mob..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

When i was young, 8-16 years of age I played Irish music in pubs. Played all night and not for money, just for the laugh, stopped doing it when I got bored of it and wanted to go drinking with my friends(couldn't get any drink while I was playing music) My parents didn't force me to do it, my brother did it aswell and a lot of people my age did it also.
    It all depends on the situation, if he goes in and does a dance and then he's brought off home and he enjoys it then whats the harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WMT

deisedevil wrote: »
    When i was young, 8-16 years of age I played Irish music in pubs. Played all night and not for money, just for the laugh, stopped doing it when I got bored of it and wanted to go drinking with my friends(couldn't get any drink while I was playing music) My parents didn't force me to do it, my brother did it aswell and a lot of people my age did it also.
    It all depends on the situation, if he goes in and does a dance and then he's brought off home and he enjoys it then whats the harm.

Actually used to do a breakdance routine back in the 80's with a crew called Street Fleet.We used to perfom in Breens, The Stone Court & The Ard Rí (as it was known back then) . There was about 8 or 9 of us aging between 15 down to 12.Never had any problems or hassle's with crowds or "drunks", but then again they were different times (good old days) . But we had to leave and be collected by parents straight after the routine.So all i'm saying is it was going on back then & still going on now
    but with all the PC in the world these days it's just people's attitudes have changed and not the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

all i know for certain is that i never voted for him. :)

Lets be fair, imo the young lad it's really going to make it as a dancer, there is just no need or way to market him. So let the chap dance away if it makes him happy.

Even though i agree with the lads that its unethical to have a kid in a pub are its deemed legal he is not hurting anyone and is making a few quid for himself. Who are any of us to deem that its not right, like 150 years ago he might have been working down the mines out in bunmahon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

I'd like to know how Kensutz is getting his own private copy of Waterford People when it went bust last september!!!!!!! :confused: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shayne09

Hi Everyone!

Im the Events Manager here in Digny Bar and i just wanted to repsond to the thread .

We had a night a few weeks ago to raise money for the BreakBeat Dance Crew as they are heading off to America for the World Dance Championships . All the kids that were on the premises were over 16 and their parents or family member was with them on the night aswell . During the day over 35 kids showed up to take part in the show but we had to put a rule in place that they had to be over 16. The show finished at approx 11.30, it only lasts 45 mins anyhow and everyone was off the premises after that . We had a designated corner that was supervised next to the stage and they had their own soft drinks with them aswell .

I have had the older kids from BreakBeat dance in the bar a few times and i know people who wanted to see more from the crew . As for Jack, i didnt even know until late that he was coming . He done 2 short dances and was gone . Ok it was late to have him out but we were plugging Jack in The All Ireland Talent Final just like every other place in town . Jack is a huge talent and he will go far! But we were raising money for these really talented kids and it is only fair that they get the chance to show their skills off . As i said we did have rules in place and they all stuck to them .

<snip - no spam, thanks>

Advertisement