Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What video editing software can make these effects?

Options
  • 29-04-2009 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

These are probably odd questions, but...

1. If you look at the video below (skip to 1:50), you will see there is a weird blurring around the actors -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbXFSFO2yaI

What software could I use to add that effect around an actor?

2. If you look at the video below, you will notice the voices are slightly slow and creepy sounding -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x1or5jvzVo

Again, any ideas on any software which can do that effect?!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Anyone? :)

Would I be right in thinking the first video is some sort of 'glow' and the second video is some sort of 'time stretch' without changing the pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Anyone? :)

Can't help you myself but try posting here in the editing section of filmmakers network, someone there might be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

The audio one is quite straightforward. It can be done easily with Protools. You can adjust the speed without affecting the pitch. Even freeware software like Audacity will do something for you. Use the 'Change Tempo' option rather than the Change Pitch or change Speed options and you'll find it will do a pretty good job. There are several freeware/shareware apps that musicians use to slow down music track but keep it to pitch to help them learn the notes. One of these woud also do the job

While I don't know what specific effect is used on the video clip you could try something like creating a duplicate video layer and then changing that layer to grayscale, offset it slightly to the right, add a blur and adjusting transparency or else even try keying some of it out. Some overlay filters may help. I suppose it all depends on what you have yourself.

Very interested to know what your trying to do thats similar to JAM. Man that show was so weird - designed to be watched while your half asleep btw:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

I reckon its a type of diffusion... Boris Continuums Glow effect pretty much does it at it's default setting

Advertisement