Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK week 6

Options
  • 29-04-2009 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

And there off!

Bet they sell the skeleton for a tenner. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

No replies? Strange.

Best boardroom battle of the series so far - the three of them shouting over each other was hilarious to watch! :D Noorul put up more of a fight than I expected. Tbh Sir Alan should have just fired the three of them - there's no hope in hell of either Ben or Debra winning.

Lorraine is emerging as a dark horse to win - Margaret pretty much championed her in front of everyone and put Philip to shame. However, I still think it'll be either Kate or Yasmina who'll win.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

No replies? Strange
    It's because it's in the Reality TV Forum and not in the Television Forum imo.

Ben totally bottled it last night, both in the task and in the Boardroom. He's fairly out of his depth in this show I reckon, and he totally messed up trying to bring James into the Boardroom and James's double take was hilarious.

And it was funny to see James have a real go at him when he got back to the house. But if Ben is clever he'll take all the criticism on board and tone it down a bit.

Sugar's village idiot comment was comedy gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

BaZmO* wrote: »

I don't think so, really, maybe people are just a bit slower in commenting anyway. They know where the Reality TV forum is if they want to comment.

Yeah, the village idiot comment was gas, James' face was priceless. Though it was more priceless when Ben chose him to come back to the room.

I think Debra knew she was safe, she kept fairly quiet. The writing was on the wall for Nooral, in fairness. He was a pretty boring guest on the You're Fired show aswell. Actually, there was more Comedy Gold from James on that aswell, he looked genuinely petrified about sharing a room with Nooral.

I don't think so, really, maybe people are just a bit slower in commenting anyway. They know where the Reality TV forum is if they want to comment.
    Well I'm only speaking from experience. I didn't know there was a Reality TV Forum until Week 5 of the Apprentice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Well when i got my scholorship to Sandhurst i knew Ben and............................................Wait a sec i never went there cause im not a twat like Ben.

At least last season you kind of warmed up to Raef after a few weeks but ben is just doing my nut in big time. He is so out of his depth here. The worst thing is that with RAef last year there was some comedy to his antics wherebye Ben is just a car crash waiting to happen. He loooked so sheepish when Sralan told him to button up and stop doing Sralans job.

I want the hot blonde to win....................cause she is fine.

but i think the fugly Irish girl will win as she is starting to shine a little bit more as the weeks go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Yeah good show last night alright. Think Sr. Alan threw them abit of a curve ball with that task - so often it's all about how hard you sell and who sells the most. I still think that didn't dawn on the candidates even down to the last 3. They found it hard to pin the blame on anyone cos they were confused.
    I have a question - Sr. Alan said he didn't expect them to sell all the stuff so if Ben's team didn't sell the skeleton, bike and rug at all would they have won the task by making a profit on the other stuff?
    It was the opposite of most tasks where they have to flog things come the end of the day, I think if they just didn't sell below value they would have won. Tough one though.
    Think Ben won't last too much longer now, that sly way of trying to follow Sr.Alan's lead on who to bring in made him look foolish, and constantly going on about Sandhirst when he didn't go there is crazy!

NEDDURC wrote: »
    I have a question - Sr. Alan said he didn't expect them to sell all the stuff so if Ben's team didn't sell the skeleton, bike and rug at all would they have won the task by making a profit on the other stuff?
    It was the opposite of most tasks where they have to flog things come the end of the day, I think if they just didn't sell below value they would have won. Tough one though
    Yeah, they didn't really listen to their brief, the task was lost on under selling items.

I can't remember what team it was but one of them even said that they should keep a running total of what they have.

The simplest thing to have done would've been to get an estimate of how much all the items cost and then to make sure that they don't go under that value.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

No replies? Strange.
    BaZmO* wrote: »

Precisely! I only found it because I searched the Television forum on the word "Apprentice". There was a link to this thread from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

fricatus wrote: »
    Precisely! I only found it because I searched the Television forum on the word "Apprentice". There was a link to this thread from there.
    The Apprentice is reality tv. All discussion will be here. If anyone starts a thread in Television it will be moved here. Now you know.

If you have a problem you know where to take it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

frag420 wrote: »
    Well when i got my scholorship to Sandhurst i knew Ben and............................................Wait a sec i never went there cause im not a twat like Ben.

At least last season you kind of warmed up to Raef after a few weeks but ben is just doing my nut in big time. He is so out of his depth here. The worst thing is that with RAef last year there was some comedy to his antics wherebye Ben is just a car crash waiting to happen. He loooked so sheepish when Sralan told him to button up and stop doing Sralans job.

Raef was a total chormer and posh boy, but a gentleman with it - remember when he leapt to the defence of Sara when what's-his-name? pterodactyl guy who lied on his CV? had a go at her. He was funny too, and able to laugh at his image, while not being afraid of preening himself in front of the mirror and putting the collars up!

Ben on the other hand is just an arrogant pr1ck, with his pinstripe suits, his Sandhurst b0llox and all his "I'M SPEAKING!!!" rubbish. That Malone Road accent annoys me too - it's like Belfast's version of D4 (BT9?)

The longer he stays on, the better, since it will be so sweet to see him take a fall.

frag420 wrote: »
    I want the hot blonde to win....................cause she is fine.

but i think the fugly Irish girl will win as she is starting to shine a little bit more as the weeks go on.

I don't agree... I think Kate will win. I know Lorraine is very good at seeing trouble ahead and she's right to alert the rest of the team to it. However her failure to be taken seriously might be because others think she's just a naysayer.

Kate seems to handle signs of trouble so much better, like when she didn't like an idea on the breakfast cereal task, she said "I like the <other> idea", so as to get people talking about the good idea and direct the focus away from the bad one. That's a phenomenal skill.

And while I feel distinctly uncomfortable saying this, people respond better to someone good-looking like Kate. They shouldn't, but I believe they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

They really don't read the "dossier".

Ben was just plain stupid, going from James to Debhra. Noorul was out from the begin should his team lose.

The winning team didn't do a good job either.

Which is so far typical of the show.

I thought this thread was going to be posted in TV for a while and then moved to Reality TV.

We did discuss the Reality TV forum.

TV3 are now taking applications for the new season on The Apprentice, which I posted in the TV forum :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

I think my money is on Yasmeena. Kate just seems a little shallow.

Lorraine is not as bad as she is made out to be and has not been afraid to speak up when she disagrees with others. She was dead right to voice her concerns in these last two tasks - the Cassandra comment was gas, I think she thought that Margaret was having a go at her at first! I agree that she would get an easier time if she wasn't so dowdy. I don't think she can win it though.

I can't see any of the fellas winning it at this stage. I agree with the principle of Noorul being fired but that should have happened on the first task (not the ex-footballer guy). Philip was great in earlier tasks but just seems to have turned into a complete boor. James is the only guy that I think might surprise me. I still don't know what to make of him. I too liked the way he cut Ben down to size after the boardroom.

Speaking of James ... was SAS' comment about "a village missing an idiot" not a little bit mean. Can someone explain it to me?

nevey wrote: »
    Speaking of James ... was SAS' comment about "a village missing an idiot" not a little bit mean. Can someone explain it to me?

SAS' or SAS's or SASi? :D

Yeah! I think the show is showing the wrong side to everyone on the show. Noorul was set up by the editors to look as though he was doing completely nothing, while James is being set up to look like a complete idiot when most of the people who have been fired have said he really isn't that dim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Thought some of you might like this. This weeks one is not up yet but this is a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Just when I thought I couldn't be any more in love with Margaret, she came out with a few corkers tonight, especially when they were walking down the Kings Road with the rug. And fair play to her for standing up for Lorraine - the others may take more notice of her now (and this is the second time they have interacted like this which I don't remember happening before; the other being Nick telling the team about their maths error).

I was really taken aback at how Debra spoke to Nick. Rude wench. But despite thinking Noorul was useless since Day 1, based on this task, the team leader got it wrong and deserved to be fired because he was there when Noorul was selling below cost. That this would have got rid of obnoxious unctuous Ben would have been a bonus. It would have been interesting to see who would have been fired from the other team had they lost - is Philip's time nearly up?

Agree that it was one of the best boardrooms in a long time, even if it was hard to keep up with what was going on at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

But despite thinking Noorul was useless since Day 1, based on this task, the team leader got it wrong and deserved to be fired because he was there when Noorul was selling below cost. That this would have got rid of obnoxious unctuous Ben would have been a bonus.

I think you are forgetting this is an entertainment show. They want you to think it's all serious but all they really care about is what makes good television.

Lets face it, Noorul was boring whereas Ben is someone the public love to hate. I don't like Ben but i'm glad he stayed because he makes the show more entertaining.

Can we wait for the 3 to be brought into the boardroom before a new thread is started. With a poll for each of the three to be fired? Who should have gone?/Was Sugar Right?

Elmo wrote: »
    Can we wait for the 3 to be brought into the boardroom before a new thread is started. With a poll for each of the three to be fired? Who should have gone?/Was Sugar Right?
    Why?

Why?

I want to be involved and have some interaction :)

Perhaps I should go out.!

Elmo wrote: »
    Are you not capable of doing so yourself?

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Are you not capable of doing so yourself?

I am I just don't want someone posting before me, and then having to get the mods to merge the threads. Only thinking of the Mods :)

Well it would be helpful to post in the correct forum. Merging is not a big deal.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Well it would be helpful to post in the correct forum. Merging is not a big deal.

My OP was placed in Week 6 OF the Apprentice in the Reality TV forum to let those discussing know that is what I would like to happen.

The statement about the mods was a tiny bit sarcastic :) No offence

Elmo, I don't have an issue with what you propose.

What I have an issue with is that I do not watch the show until maybe 1am or later and thus I do not want to enter any threads until I have seen the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

missed Wednesday's episode, is it repeated , anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

emmemm wrote: »
    missed Wednesday's episode, is it repeated , anyone know?

Yes it was repeated sat night i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

Yes it was repeated sat night i think

thanks Joey the lisp, looked in the listings and couldn't find it.:mad:

Advertisement