Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving up school

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

jonny24ie wrote: »
    You will regret it big time mate.

I tried it and then got a full time job at the start of 6th year and I have regretted it for the last 11 years, I really wish I finsihed off 6th year in school.

Ya, they mean give up school to study for the Leaving Cert for the last few weeks untill the exam. Not give up school and get a job.

I gave school up before the junior cert around now, and it really helped, you do nothing in school anyway especially if you have the course finished. If you do the work you will get alot more done. So I presume it would be the same for the leaving cert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I've started taking half days...best thing i could have done. The only thing worth going in for is accountancy and chemistry.
    In biology today we played a game. In english she told us we'd all fail if we didn't cop on and then left us to study/chat for the class. Irish, new teacher since easter, and shes soooo unbelievably bad! Im not joking when I say our vocabulary/grammar/sentence structure is better than hers :eek: So the only thing I can do for those classes is go home and do my own study, sitting gawping at the teacher isnt gunna help :(
    School and homework is just a distraction from studying at this stage :P

Yep that is what I have decided to do. Stay off after lucnh and do 3/4 hours study and then have free time from 6 onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Noelleieos

if you can study on your own, just do it, but if you're just going to mess around don't bother, yer just wasting your time. At this point you probably wont do much more in school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ChickenScratch

I guarantee you no one doing Higher Level Maths is doing that.

Unless you're just one of those smart arses who's naturally gifted. :P

I have to be in school - the teachers structure the whole thing out for me and I get feedback on my work.

Otherwise I'd just spend my days watching daytime television and getting fat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

School in general is a load of balls, but its very handy to have

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I guarantee you no one doing Higher Level Maths is doing that.

Theres 6 of us in honours maths, and 4 of us have been taking half days most days this week....so now everyones like AHHH if they're doing it we should be too! But no, its just cos the 4 of us are probably the ones that need the most points, are the most motivated and will actually work at home. We just feel like we can get work done at home instead of sitting around at school.

Its really no big deal missing maths, all we're doing is revising and correcting exam questions, nothing we couldn't be doing at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ChickenScratch

If you can sort out that whole course on your own then fair play to you but I couldn't.

We're flying through the exam papers and I'm hitting roadblocks every step of the way... Vector part c's, max and min problems, everything. Some of the stuff just doesn't make sense - if it weren't for my maths teacher and her solution book (and our extra two classes and tests every week) I'd be lost.

It's not that I wouldn't work at home, I just wouldn't get things right ;)

Advertisement